△ Chapter 38 △

Alright, shanks! This is the last chapter for today so hope you enjoy! :)

Each group followed their leader.

''Minho, Newt, AIex, I need you guys to get to the head of the pack!''

''Got that'' they all nodded and pick up the speed.

''Watch out!'' Another stoned structure collapsed right in front of them. They ran past the huge rock and continued.

The ground continued to tremble, people stumbled and screams filled the air.

Out of the corner of her eyes Alex watched a woman who was carrying a baby stumble to the ground. Alex stopped dead on her tracks and runs back over to the mother.

''WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?'' Newt voice called out for her but the crowd keep pushing him forward.

Alex continues to push through the people until she reached her. She lay with her leg trapped underneath a huge boulder. Alex bent over her body.

''Take her. Take my baby, please'' the woman said softly.

''No. I'm going to get you out of here, alright?'' She tried to lift the boulder but it was too heavy. Tears shone in her eyes as she struggled.

''Somebody help me, please!'' Alex shouted over and over again.

''Take her with you''

Alex glanced down at the crying infant and then back at the woman. She reached out to take the baby.

''I'm so sorry''

Then she ran and she did not look back. A couple of feet or so in front of her, a section of the stone floor exploded, sending a rain of rocks in all directions.

She yells as she immediately wraps her arms around the baby protecting it.  Alex felt two other pairs of arms wrap around her. Newt.

''Come on!'' he yelled over her shoulder.

Finally they reached the other groups. Thomas and their friends were waving people to go through the station hole.

''You go!'' Newt yelled to Alex. She nodded.

''I'll stay here and help the others!" he said to her.

''Be careful'' 

''I will'' He kissed her forehead.

''Newt!'' It was Thomas.

Newt turned around and his eyes widened in fear.

Grievers.