△ Chapter 15 △

Alex looked so tense after hearing it. She tried her best to keep her expression blank while on the inside, she felt like someone had punched her in the stomach.

Alex laughed, she actually laughed loudly as she took the slip of paper from Thomas's hands. She looked down at the name again.

Somewhere deep down she was actually relieved. The last time she'd seen him was before she died. That had been the last time they had spoken. Too much had happened since. She needs to talk to him, to see him.

But another part of her wanted to punch him for what he had done. I mean, the final days,they had spent them fighting. Shespent so long trying to convince him to go with her, but he preferred to stay in the Maze. Her supposed best friend was beyond reason.

 ''That's impossible'' Thomas ran his hand across his chin.

''Well, not really. He didn't die. After you guys were taken away, he spent a week or so in the infirmary, recovering from a broken cheekbone'' Brenda answered.

''Well that's a shame,there are 206 bones in the human body, and he only managed to get just one broken bone'' Alex said.

Everyone looked at her.

''What? He killed me! At least, he survived''

Brenda continued. ''They used him to kill you, that way the patterns would be valuable. It was all planned. I heard that they designed the interaction to be a Variable for you. You were 'killed' then revived. All planned''

''But that doesn't make any sense, they did ''kill' me but when they saw how my Variables were helping them they decided that they would spare my life! I thought I wasn't part of their experiment...''

''This experiment. The trials. You were not supposed to be part of the trials. You have something very valuable. Like Thomas, but different. But they had another simulation for you. Another experiment''

''What about Aris mission? When they send him to kill Thomas. Or-or when they wiped my memory?''

''You could say that was THE source of entertainment for them''

Alex scoffed in disbelief ''I'm gonna' fucking kill them'' The anger was eating away her bones and gnawing up her skin.She wanted to scream and rip her pretty hair out. ''I don't understand any of this. Why didn't you tell me this before? Why the bloody hell are you telling me this now?'' Alex asked her voice louder.

''I don't know but look Alex, is not Gally's fault. I saw the guy. One day I walked past his room.He was yelling and acting all crazy. It was like he had the Flare. When I ask one of the guards who were guarding him they told me that someone close from his group has died. I guess it was you''