△ Chapter 20 △

The next morning they got a cab and went straight to the place they'd been told Hans lived.

They all got into an elevator and pushed the button for the 4th floor.

Brenda knocked on a gray metal door and a lady answered.

''I'm looking for Hans''

''Who are you?''

Brenda was about to answer but then a gray-haired man with peeked over the woman's shoulder.

''Come in'' Said Hans and they all entered the apartment.

''You've still got the implants, right?''

''Yes'' Brenda replied, and then nodded toward Thomas and Minho.

 ''Give me five minutes to prep," he said, and then disappeared through a door.

...

Alex entered the kitchen and saw Thomas standing over the sink. She went towards him, hugging him from behind.

''You okay?''

''I'm fine, I just —''

Suddenly Thomas gripped her neck, and picking her up to slam her against the wall. ''I can't ... let you ... do this''

''Thomas'' She gasped for air and clawed at his large hand clutched around her throat.

Thomas was not in control of his actions but was aware of what he was doing.

Upon hearing the commotion, Minho, Jorge and Brenda ran into the kitchen.

''What the hell are you doing?!'' Minho grabbed Thomas in a choke-hold from behind and luckily he let go of Alex.

She fell to the floor, gasping for air.Brenda ran and knelt next to Alex's side. ''Are you okay?''

Thomas drove his elbow into Minho's ribs, spun around and punched him in the face. "I can't ... let you ... do this!" he kept repeating this sentence over and over again.

''They got him!'' Brenda yelled.

Jorge unexpectedly launched himself on top of Thomas sending him tumbling to the floor.

 ''Let's get that thing out of his head!'' Jorge yelled at Hans.He had managed to sit down on Thomas's back to hold him down and pressing his face into the ground. ''Hurry!''

Hans went through a drawer, searching for something; then he was back.

In his hand he had a syringe, full of a blue liquid.

''No!'' Thomas shouted.''No!''

Thomas felt a prick in his neck, and his hand whipped to the right side of his neck, before passing out.