△ Chapter 31 △

With his heart falling into a black abyss, Thomas dropped the gun.

''I can't do this to Alex'' said Thomas as a tear fell from his eye.

''I TOLD YOU TO BLOODY KILL ME!''

 ''You holds us all together''

''What?''

He hit Newt with the butt of the gun and knocked him out.

He gripped Newt under his armpits and pulled him up toward the van. He tugged him up hard as he opened the door.  

''What are you doing?!'' Lawrence yelled at him.

''I can't just leave him here, despite what he told me, but I can't take him with me either. Alex will do anything to see him again, I need you take him back with you''

''Do you have any idea how crazy you sound? When he wakes up, he's going to kill me! He's violent''

''You needed to do this! Do whatever you have to do to bring him back. Alex will know what to do. She'll take care of it''

''Get in!''

"Thanks," Thomas muttered.

...

They boarded the Berg next.

 ''A coat and your backpack are waiting for you at the cargo door," Lawrence said. ''You've got food and water. You should be okay with that''

Once Thomas finished lacing up his boots, he stood and pulled on a coat and then slipped his arms through the straps of the backpack.

''Take care of Newt. Bring him back for me''

As soon as he jumped out, he shivered; his warm breath creating a cloud in the air.

''Go that way." Lawrence pointed to the left, toward the edge of the forest.

''How far will I have to walk to get there?''

"A few miles. Good luck, boy.'' He nodded.

''Be careful, don't die'' Thomas said.