△ Chapter 22 △

The plan was to help the Right Hand. Find their other friends, convince them to join them and then go back to Gally to stop the entire WICKED operation.  But first they needed to get something to eat.

They stopped at a coffee shop; they all sat in a circle at a high table with blue high stools.

''So'' Alex started as she took the cup of steaming coffee in both hands.

''Aren't you hungry?'' Minho asked her and said with his mouth full of a bagel.

''You're disgusting'' Alex replied.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Brenda lean in and whisper something in Thomas's ear. He nodded.

''Would you guys excuse us for a few minutes?'' Brenda asked.

''Excuse me?'' Minho asked and made a face.

''It'll only take a few minutes'' Thomas promised and squeezed Alex's hand. He hopped down off the tall stool and followed Brenda outside the shop. You could see that they were standing on the sidewalk near the large window.

''I'm going to go to the bathroom'' Alex got up, not waiting for a response.

''Go ahead, we'll wait for you outside'' Jorge said.

...

Alex did her business and went to wash her hands. She'd just got out of the bathroom when she saw a guy in a red shirt pulled out a gun and pointed it at a man. She was watching in stunned silence. The coffee shop was empty except for the two men and her.

...

On the other side of the window, Thomas's face went pale. He looked past Brenda towards the coffee shop behind her.

''Thomas?'' Brenda asked. Thomas didn't respond; he moved forward and pounded on the window.

Alex turned to see Thomas mouthing words to her and frantically motioning for her to get out but she didn't move.

The guy in the red shirt glanced at her. ''Hey, you! We've got an infected!  Why're you still here, kid?''

 ''I ... I'm sorry'' she stammered. ''I'm leaving now''

Ale turned to leave the shop but his voice stopped her. ''Where are you from? What's your name, kid?''

''I'm ... my name's Alex. I'm nobody. I'm ... I'm Immune''

Red Shirt flicked the gun toward a nearby chair.''Sit down. Sit down right there."

Alex swallowed and glanced toward the window. She saw Thomas standing there, with a panicked look on his face.

Suddenly four people covered from head to toe with a thick green plastic,the four workers reached down and lifted up the infected man before heading out the door.

''Now...'' Red Shirt sat down in front of her. ''You'll bring me a good hunk of cash'' he said as he caressed her face with the barrel of the gun. It made her palms shake.

He looked outside the window and looked at Thomas.

''Is he your boyfriend? '' He asked. She looked up at Thomas and nodded, her bottom lip trembling.

''Shame, cause' you're coming with me'' 

A/N: Tan tan tan what's gonna' happen next? Here's another chapter and as always, I hope you enjoy it!