△ Chapter 25 △

Heading back to the Berg, ''that's the girl who didn't let me kiss my Munie'' someone called out.

''Then we'll go and get him'' another answered.

''We need to get out of here'' Thomas put a hand of her back gently pushing her forward as the two started walking remarkably fast toward the Berg.

Minho, Jorge, and Brenda followed close behind and didn't have a hard time keeping up.

''What? Oh so now you don't want to kiss me?'' the same voice called out.

''Keep walking'' Thomas whispered.

Eventually they reached the exit and hurled themselves inside the Berg.

...

Alex was leaning against the wall and quietly slid down to the floor.She almost cried in frustration. Alex just couldn't bring herself to fully accept the fact that Newt was gone.

Thomas sank down next to her on the ground and took her hands between both of his.

''Are you okay?'' he murmured.

''No, Thomas, I'm not okay'' She said, her voice coming out harsher than she intended it to.

He nodded. ''I'm sorry''

''No, I'm sorry," she said after a few minutes. ''I didn't mean to snap at you. I should've tried harder'' Alex spoke in a voice full with regret.

''You tried. We all did''

''You know what? Let's finish this. We go back to Gally. Stop WICKED.We're going to put an end to this, once and for all'' She got up and walked inside the room Newt used to occupy. This time it was her old self talking. Alex shouldn't be crying, she was supposed to be the tough one. She was supposed to be the strong one. She's not broken yet, but she's close.