△ Chapter 29 △

''How are we going to do this?''

''I'll get Charlotte to train you on the device. You are going to pretend that you've come back to finish the Trials. We'll take you to our Berg hangar; fly you close to the WICKED headquarters to plant the device while the rest of us are getting ready with the main assault team. We should wait a couple of hours before we come in with the Immunes or it'll look suspicious. We'll move Alex and the others over here when you leave''

...

Thomas was filling his backpack with supplies; some food and extra clothing. He really didn't have anything better to do.

''Hey'' Alex came behind him and put her arms around him. ''Try and don't get yourself killed, please'' She put her face in his back and held him tightly.

''I'll be fine, I promise''

Then she pulled back to look at him.

''Soon, all of this will be over'' He said.

Alex noticed him staring at her lips, so she reached up and kissed him.

He pulled back, just slightly, his lips almost touching hers.

''I really wish you could stay'' She said.

They must not have heard hear Brenda's footsteps, because she was standing there pretty embarrassed.

''Oh...'' Brenda said. ''I was just- I was just leaving''

Sure they have kissed in before, but not in public.

 "Oh, no'' Thomas said with a small chuckle.

They both blushed so bad.

''We were just—never mind'' He cleared his throat immediately after. ''What's up?''

 ''I came to say goodbye, but it looks like Alex beat me to it'' She gave him a small smile.

''He's all yours now'' Alex said.

She walked over to him and gave him a big hug. ''Don't get yourself killed'' when Alex saw them hugging, she didn't felt jealous. She felt...happy because she saw how much Brenda cared for him. But she wasn't the only one.

Thomas rolled his eyes. ''I'm not going to get myself killed. Why does everyone keep saying that?''

''We'll see you in a day or so''