△ Chapter 36 △

The guy at the end of the alley aimed his gun at them making Thomas take a step back.

''Are you Thomas?''

''Yes!''

''Thank God we've been looking all over for you'' He said putting the gun down.

...

Minho was the first person he saw. Then was the others Brenda, Jorge, but the moment he saw Newt there, he almost died.

He was shocked to see Newt here, but he just ran towards the petite boy, giving him a big bear hug. Alex grin gets impossibly wide as she watches Thomas crushing her brother.

''What are you doing here, Newt? You're supposed to be resting!'' Thomas says.

''Yeah but this slinthead here said he wasn't going to sit back and just wait'' Minho said, clapping his shoulder.

''That reminds me of someone'' Thomas smiled and looked over to Alex.

''That's right. I wanted to see WICKED headquarters burn in flames''

''Oh, yeah. Right, I almost forgot. I think you should read this'' Thomas took the manila folder out and hand it over to Newt.

Alex went by his side and glances over his shoulder to read the papers.

Newt's eyes scanned the paper over and over again.

Procedures that were done to allowed him to experiment all the symptoms of the Flare. They achieved that by creating a serum. He never had the Flare. It was simple all controlled by them. Another Variable. I shut down the implant that my associates left in his brain at the beginning of the Trials. He's safe now.

''So, I'm not going to die?''

Alex eyes were teary but she managed to crack a smile.

''You're going to live, Newt''

''Now, I don't want to sound like I don't care. I know you guys are happy. Hell, I am. But we don't have much time. I know where to find the Immunes''

''Where?'' Brenda and Minho asked at the same time. Minho cleared his throat.

''We need to go back to the Maze''

''How do you know?''

Thomas showed them the letter Ava Chancellor Paige left for him in the room.

''Do we really have to go back there?'' Alex asked.

''Yeah and we need to hurry before the Right Arm blows this place up''

''Why is she helping us?''

''I don't know but we need to get out of here while we still can. Maybe we'll find a good place to live our lives again''