△ Chapter 24 △

So here is chapter 24 and its pretty long, so hope you guys don't get bored. :)

''We need to find him!''

''Do you have any idea where Newt could have went?'' Alex asked.

''Why would he just take off without letting us know where he was going?'' Minho said.

''They Crank Palace'' Brenda replied and Alex looked at her, waited for her to continue. ''It's a place where they send the infected and try to make it bearable for them until they reach the Gone''

''It's worth a shot. Once we find him,the six of us-all of us-are flying to wherever we need to go'' Alex said.

...

Twenty minutes later, they made it to what had to be the Crank Palace. There was a gate and two people holding huge Launchers.

''Who the hell are you people?'' One of the guards asked.

''We're from WICKED, and one of our guys got captured and taken here by mistake. We'll be picking him up''

''Who you looking for? A he or a she?''

''A he," Minho answered. ''His name is Newt. He's a little taller than me, blond hair, kind of long. Has a limp. Have you seen him?''

''I might know something but I want something in exchange. You guys look like you got plenty of money. I want at least a thousand. Or maybe you can leave us the girl'' he smirk and pointed over to Alex.

''You piece of-'' Thomas wanted to punch him. He was about to walk over to and punch him, but Alex put her hand out to stopped him.

She clenched her jaw and stepped forward. ''You'll get your money, you sick bastard. Just show us where he is," There's authority in her voice. And her authority is something that Thomas admires.

"Fine," the guard finally said.

...

Thomas walked beside Alex and gave her a half smile as he took her hand.

The Crank Palace was a filthy place. They made their way deeper into the compound until they reached the Central Zone. It was a goddamn horror show. Cranks were looking at them as if they wanted to eat them. They were filthy and dressed in worn, dirty clothes.

They got past a Crank who was at the edge of the garbage can with both hands, vomiting up all the food in his stomach and another was crouching down like Gollum/ Sméagol, from The Lord of the Rings while eating something off the floor.

Someone tug on the hem of Thomas's tee shirt. He spun to see who it was. A woman stood there, her dark hair messy and tangled.

She slipped her hands inside his open shirt ''I want to kiss you'' the woman said. ''What do you say?'' Thomas jerked away but Alex wasn't going to let her get away without giving her a piece of her mind.

''Hey! Keep your hands to yourself'' Alex barked.

The Crank laughed; a maniac toothless laugh. ''Oh! Is she your girlfriend?'' she asked walking towards Alex and started twirling her fingers through her curls. Alex slapped her hand away.

''She's not bad either!''

''Come on'' Thomas put his arms around her shoulders and persuaded her to continue walking.

They were about ten feet away from Newt when he suddenly spoke in a loud voice that echoed. ''What are you all doing here!?''

''What does it look like we're doing?'' Alex said, moving a couple of feet closer to Newt.

"Don't come any closer," Newt answered.

''Or what?'' He turned around and Thomas face paled when he saw the Launcher.

''Whoa, there'' Minho said, taking a half a step back but Alex took a step forward.

''Stay away or you will get hurt! I don't want to hurt my friends!'' Newt's finger hovered over the trigger of the weapon. ''You turn around and walk back out that door and head for your Berg and fly away. Do you understand me?''

"No, Newt, we're taking you home. You wanna' cry and rip your hair off while you go crazy, that's fine. But you're going to do it with us, with me, not with these Cranks. Not like this. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going anywhere without you''

Newt suddenly moved forward until they stood opposite each other, face to face.

''If you had the Flare and knew what you were about to go through, would you want your friends to stand around and watch? Would you want your sister to stand around and watch Huh? Would you want that?" He was shouting by the time he finished.

''I can't let you do this, Newt. You're my brother''

Then he stilled and his face softened. ''You're my little sister, I'm just trying to protect you''

She lifted her hand to her face, slowly tracing it with the tips of her fingers. Newt closed his eyes for a moment. Alex bit her lip to prevent herself from crying.

''I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But I need you to listen to me. Please leave'' Newt says gently as he manages to pull away from her.

'Newt, don't do this to me''

''No! Just ... please. Please leave''

Alex took a step back and bumped into someone. She spun around and felt her eyes grow as she looked up to see that she had bumped into a Crank. ''I believe our new friend asked you people to leave him alone'' the guy said. Now, several Cranks had gathered behind them.

''I don't think you understand! He's my brother and this is between me and him. You leave''

''Alex'' Thomas called her name in warning but she didn't listen.

''This is none of your business''

''That boy's a Crank now. That makes him our business''

The man scowled, then brought up a hand to show a long shard of glass gripped in his fist. Blood dripped from where he held it.

''Don't! Don't touch her'' Newt yelled. ''Now you guys leave. I'm sorry."

''Let's go," Thomas said. ''Come on'' Thomas grabbed Alex's arm but he jerked her arm out of his grasp.

''No''

''I'm sorry'' Newt said, and there were tears streaming down his face.

Thomas couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed Alex by the hand, then Minho by the upper arm and started dragging them along toward the exit.

He didn't looked back, he just kept going, away from Newt.