Possession

^^^Jahiem (Jah) Duncan

Moni POV

The sound of the choir flooded my ears as I sat in dread. Church was the last place I wanted to be right now.

My dad was preaching his sermons of new beginnings in the new year, and I could really care less about any of it.

The year just started and it's already shitty. I can't believe I told Mercedes I loved her and she acted as if I said the most fucked up shit ever.

I was a fool to believe that Dee was actually committed to me. We claimed to be in a relationship but she's never even around.

Yet I still fell for her, because she made sure to use the time we did spend together wisely. I respected the fact the she was a street runner.

I feel so stupid.

"Aamoni, baby pay attention", Malissa said getting me out of my daze.

I can't stand her, my patience is really running thin. Graduation can't get here any faster.

The church service went on for what felt like hours. I hated every second of it, and I know Malissa could tell.

When we got in the car to leave she made sure to mention how disrespectful it was of me because I wasn't paying attention in church.

"Is it hard to give God 3 hours of your time?", she asked me.

I ignored her, I really don't feel like talking to anyone, much less argue.

"Moni do you hear Malissa speaking to you?", my father finally says. He's been silent during Malissa's rant.

"Dad I honestly don't care right now. I mean no disrespect but I just don't care and I don't want to talk." , Malissa scoffed.

"What could have you so upset that you can't praise god for letting you see another year.", she continued on but I drowned her out.

This bitch devotes every hour of her life to god, I wonder if she ever just takes a break to live her own life.

We got to the house and I instantly got in my car and drove off. My dad and Malissa were asking me where I was I going but ignored them.

I was driving to no end, I just need to be by myself.

"Gosh I hate this fucking city", I said to myself. There's nothing for me here but misery.

I kept driving for few more miles till I decided to go to Casey's house. I pulled into her driveway and parked behind Robbies truck.

Casey's parents are always out on business trips, so she has the house to herself all the time. With that freedom, she chose to damn near move her boyfriend in with her. The nigga is always here.

I entered the code into they keypad and walked into the house, Brent Faiyaz "Price of Fame" was bouncing off of every wall in the house. The stench of marijuana invaded my nostrils, the closer I got to the  basement door the stronger it got.

I could feel the goosebumps starting to rise on my arms as I walked down the red tunnelled staircase. The red always reminded me of the red door from Insidious. That movie will forever give me the heebie  jeebies.

"Damn Moni I was finna wet yo ass up", Robbie said. Him and Jah put their guns back in the waistband of their pants. Casey walked out the bathroom looking relieved.

"Y'all paranoid high asses", I sat down on the couch and relaxed myself on the heaven sent cushions.

"You bout to be right along with us in a minute.", Jah said and sparked the wood he had tucked behind his ear.