Opps

Moni Pov-

"Aye lemme borrow a pencil", Mikey asked me. I got a pencil out my bag and handed it to him. We were finally in fourth block, this day was dragging like hell and I was just ready to get home.

I haven't talked to Dee since I left her house Saturday. I know she had to do something that related to chief but I don't know what.

A house was robbed on the north side. 6 men were found dead and there were 2 women present during the robbery but were passed out on drugs and shit.
I'm starting to think Dee had something to do with it.

An hour and a half later class ends and every one is in the hallways getting their shit out their locker to leave.

"Moni", I turn around to see who called me.

"What Zion?" I ask already getting irritated.

"You going to Dee's house?"

"No. Why would I ?", he gives me a confused look before answering my question.

"So you didn't hear bout what happened?", he questioned.

"Clearly I didn't. What the fuck happened Zion?"

"Dee got shot", my heart drops to my toes when those words leave his mouth.

Mercedes got shot, yet I'm just hearing about this from Zion. No one thought about letting me know. I turn on my heels and quickly leave out the school doors. When I get to my car I see Zion at my passenger door.

"What the fuck are you doing?", I ask him.

"I'm going to Dee's too, c'mon Moni stop being salty and let me ride witchu."

I roll my eyes and unlock the car doors. We got in the car and I instantly pull off. The ride was quiet, which I'm grateful for cause I didn't want to hear this niggas shit.

I pull into Dee's driveway and park the car. We get out and head towards the front door. Zion knocked on the door and Big Benz opened it.

"Wassup y'all, I ain't see you two together since before school started.", he says as he let us in.

"Hey benzy", I said. We walk towards Dee's room and I walk in.

Dee is laying in bed with only her undergarments on, so I can clearly see the bandage that's slightly above her hip.

"Wtf Mercedes"

"What y'all doing here?", she asks.

"We came to check and see if you was straight nigga.", Zion says as he sits down in a chair.

"Why did I have to find out about you getting shot from Zion?"

She looks away from me.

"Answer my damn question Mercedes. Why didn't you let me know?", she sucks her teeth and I swear to god steam is about to blow from my ears.

"Damn Moni you act like you her momma", Zion said.

"Zion please shut the fuck up talking to me"

"Moni I just didn't want you to worry about me ight." Dee says.

"So you decide to not talk to me for 2 days. Did you rob that house on the north side? Did you have something to do with it?" I questioned. There was no reply so I took that as a yea.

"Shit mane", I knew there was a possibility of something like this happening but damn.

"Wait do you robbed Crazy Mack? You running with Chief?" Zion asked

"Yeah nigga, and you would known dat if you wasn't spending all yo time with the opps.", Dee said.

"Mane what?" Zion said

Dee sucks her teeth, I walk to the other side of the bed sit down at the bottom.

"Stop acting clueless nigga I know you fuck with Kell and his boys now. When dis shit happen anyways, thought y'all was enemies or some shit."

"Mane we just put our differences to the side, we cool now"

"Bullshit nigga. You on dat opp shit"

"Nigga I ain't on no opp shit, fuck is you talm bout"

The atmosphere in the room starts to change, you can feel the animosity rising.

"Get the fuck out", Dee says to Zion.

"Mane I come to see if you straight and you repay me with all this hostility. We supposed to be family nigga"

"Yeah dats what I said" Zion shook his head and got up and left the room.

Me and Mercedes sat in silence for a couple minutes before I finally said something.

"You okay?", I asked

"Yeah I'm straight"

"You sure?"I asked, Dee looked like she had something weighing on her and I wanted her to talk about it so she wouldn't let it build up inside her.

"I killed two people Moni.....And that's not even the bad part. Ion feel bad about it, I have no fucking remorse."She said.

I didn't know what to say to that. So I just comforted her, we cuddled up and soon fell asleep.

..........

Mercedes Pov-

"I knew they had something going on"

I'm woken up by whispers coming from my doorway. I open eyes and see Robbie and Jah standing in my doorway.

"What y'all niggas doin here?", I asked in a whisper tying not to wake Moni. They got comfortable in my room and Robbie threw wads of money on my bed.

"To give you yo cut nigga. You straight?", Robbie asked.

"Yeah mane, just tryna heal so I can get back in these streets and make my money"

"Word nigga, so dats yo shorty right there", Jah asked as he pulled out a blunt.

"Some like dat", I said.

"Mane you should have been at the trap yesterday", Jah said.

"Shay was bout to beat tf outta dis nigga.", he continued.

"Say swear to god. What happened?", I asked. I let out laugh cause I already know how Shay is.

"Shiitt ion een know, some lil nigga was playing on her top", I start laughing more and Moni starts to wake up.

"Rise and shine lil mama-", I cut Jah off quick.

"Don't call her no shit like dat", I said and Robbie and Jah start laughing.

"You betta stop being friendly with her jawn, Dee gone bust a cap in yo ass", Robbie says as he gets the blunt from Jah.

Moni gets up out the bed and give Jah and Robbie a look before going to the bathroom.

"Dang she not gone speak", jah said

"She be grumpy when she wake up. Y'all tryna play me in 2k".

Robbie cut on the game and handed me the remote.