CHAPTER 5

"H-how...!"

Philippa's shoulders flinched after hearing about the embezzlement. The child support allocated to Navia wasn't a lot, but it wasn't so little as to produce such a ridiculously small quality of food.

'It shouldn't cost a lot to eat.'

How extensive would the embezzlement have to be to create such a meal?

Philippa bit her lips nervously.

'How did she know? That little thing couldn't have figured it out on her own!'

Did she hear it from someone? Philippa lifted her chin and controlled her facial expression.

'Yes, the opponent is only one kid.'

At times like this, it's better to be confident.

"Ha! You're deliberately talking nonsense to persecute me, who's been loyal to Agnes my whole life!"

She pressed Navia, citing that she is an old loyalist to Agnes. In addition, she often used threats against Navia.

"I don't know where you heard that, but if you use your mouth carelessly, your tongue will be cut off!"

Having gone to this extent, Navia would now be intimidated and calm down. All these words were sophisticated and could only be heard forcefully in the ears of Navia.

'Nanny is always like this.'

Is it said that foxes would be predominant by borrowing a tiger's power? Philippa considered the duke's power to be her status.

Navia, undaunted by the outrageous threats, tilted her head and spoke with ease.

"But the Duke will soon find it strange. Why didn't the nanny take action even though she knew there was a hole?"

"T, t, that's...!"

Nikan would naturally think, 'If it hadn't been for the hole,' after examining the cause of the arson. And that thought would lead to 'Why didn't Philippa take action even though there was something wrong with the door?'

However, Philippa had excuses to be negligent in such a situation.

'...Hmph! I'm taking care of three children, and I'm even in charge of Lady Vivian, who has a time limit!'

At that time, Navia spoke brightly, lifting the corners of her mouth up.

"Oh, of course, the nanny takes care of three children, including Vivian, who is sick, and can make excuses for being distracted."

Flinch!

"I-I don't know what you're saying!"

Philippa was very shocked. Is Navia a wizard who reads people's thoughts?

Even if she isn't, how could she say Philippa's thoughts as they are?

'It's weird. Something's weird...'

Something seemed to be going wrong.

The more she spoke, the one that was cornered was not Navia, but herself. A cold threat, which couldn't be considered a child's nonsense, strangled her neck.

It's like...

There was a fearful illusion that the child in front of her was possessed by evil spirits and was trying to devour her.

"If you keep framing me, it won't be any good for you!"

Then Navia burst into laughter.

"Ahaha! Frame? You're saying something funny, nanny."