CHAPTER 17

Charlotte was furious, but let Maki be.

When she thought of Navia who got happy when she heard about the apple juice, she couldn't bring out the words to refuse.

"...thank you."

Charlotte thanked them with a gentle attitude.

"Did you say that you have a lot to pack for Lady Vivian? I'll help you."

Maki's mean smile deepened from the servility.

"You don't have to."

Maki said that, but did not dissuade Charlotte from helping.

Charlotte quickly brought trays and plates, helping them work easily. Then when Charlotte tried to move the glass of juice, Maki took it.

"I'll do this."

She was just going to move the glass since it didn't matter if Charlotte did it but Maki felt like she was going to be caught, so she asked Laura to carry the juice herself.

Laura poked her lips out when she picked up the tray of the four cups.

"My arms are going to fall off."

"What's so heavy about holding those for just a moment?"

Because Maki made a big deal about the apple juice and fit all the juice, which could have filled ten cups, in five large cups, it was quite heavy.

Laura mumbled discontentedly.

"...it's really heavy though."

At that time, Maki pretended to be busy when Charlotte looked at them with a strange look.

Charlotte cut the bread with a knife for Navia and Vivian and then took out the butter.

When Charlotte resumed preparing the meals normally, Maki relaxed and moved slowly.

'Even if we prepare food right now, the Lady won't wake up so we don't need to take any.'

So she was going to pretend to work moderately. When Charlotte showed signs on leaving with a tray soon, Maki, who was mixing a salad, greeted her with a big smile.

"Let's help each other like this often, Charlotte."

Charlotte nodded with reluctance.

"Okay."

Soon, after Charlotte left the kitchen, Vivian's maids burst into laughter.

"You'll get in trouble if Master catches you drinking juice, so even if you get sick, you won't be able to talk, right? Ha, serves you right."

While Laura was cackling, Anne chuckled looking at the door in sympathy.

"The cook still hasn't looked for the doctor. The medicine we put in must be really effective."

To avoid being caught for putting medicine in Charlotte's apple juice, Maki fed the chef stomach pills.

Laura stuck her tongue out, letting Maki float.

"As expected of Maki, you're scary. You were born for these things."

Maki shrugged her shoulders.

"This much is nothing."

They gave a toast with their own apple juices.

"Mm, it's sweet. It's such a waste that you gave that fake some. It would've been better to mix it in the soup."

Maki shook her head.

"No, Charlotte's quick-witted. We would've been caught if we did that."

"Tch."