CHAPTER 10

"...yes? The Eseled Duchy, that place is..."

"It's a family that has fallen to the point of being called a garbage camp."

The Eseled family, which had attracted the troubles of all families, was given the title of garbage camp.

To request being sent there as their successor...

Edward was silent for a moment. Navia's ultimate goal seemed to be leaving Agnes.

But why?

"Why do you want to leave the Agnes Duchy?"

It was as if he was asking why do such a stupid thing about this good place. Edward didn't stop there.

"You will have to be in Agnes to get married with good conditions."

It was a little doubtful whether an eight-year-old girl understood the story of marriage yet, but somehow Navia seemed to understand it enough.

"And even if Duke Eseled is single with no children, his cousin has three children. Do you think they'll leave you alone?"

It'll be walking on your own limbs.

Even if he didn't explain, Navia understood fully. Walking on your own limbs?

'I'm already doing that here.'

"That makes sense."

Navia smiled as if the mouse was thinking of the cat.

"But that's none of your business."

Edward shut his mouth, feeling the nuance that she had already calculated everything. He thought about whether he had ever been so badly pushed by someone, but he couldn't remember. This was the first time.

But he didn't resent it.  He had strange expectations.

"I will sign the contract, Princess."

Light gathered in the air as Edward released mana to make a contract.

Whoo-.

Light was converted into letters. Navia and Edward checked the content and joined hands.

Fwaa!

A more intense white light came from the letters. It was the sight of a contract being made. The letters changed into rings and fell in his palm.

Seeing Edward wear the ring on his index finger, Navia gave him the cure.

"A wizard absorbs the back flowing mana from the patient's body and makes it in a temporary vacuum state. Just follow the correct path and inject mana into the empty body."

"Ah...!"

It would be impossible for a poor wizard, but Edward could do it.

'He was the one who discovered the cure in the first place.'

Edward's head began to spin at an unexpected idea. It's possible. It's a theory that's possible enough. When his expression brightened up with joy, Navia asked suddenly.

"Today is the day you report my academic achievements, right?"

"...that's right."

Edward was tired of asking how she knew now.

"When you report today, say that the brainwashing has weakened. That way, you'll be less embarrassed no matter what happens in the future."

From the threats, Edward was bewildered, but he had no choice but to follow her.

"...I understand."

Navia sprang down from her chair, grabbed her skirt and greeted him gracefully.

"Then I'll see you next time, Teacher."