CHAPTER 14

3. Trap

Thanks to the mana stone mine, all of Duke Agnes' riches were gold.

The golden chandelier on the ceiling was decorated with top-class crystals, spreading the light more beautifully. The red carpet was woven from expensive wool. Only the most fashionable combination of furniture made from rosewood by the best artisans everywhere, ceramics featuring paintings with delicate technology, and masterpieces created by family painters and sculptors.

Nikan Agnes, who owned a mansion comparable to the Imperial family's, had nothing to fear in the world. There was no difficulty for him. There were only things in the world that were easy or could not be done. What he couldn't do was become the Emperor himself. The easy task was the making of the next great Emperor.

Eventually, he could take over the Empire.

"Let go! Let go, you bugs!"

But for the first time, he thought that everything was a mess.

Nikan looked down at his son kicking knights with his cold and evil green eyes. Wood resembled Nikan's childhood.

His superior build, his natural talent for magic, and his strong impression.

It was like his son. However, that idiot screaming on the floor was not what he wanted.

"Bring that low-life bitch! I'll kill her!"

It was unbecoming of a noble to be so angry at a powerless commoner. The stress of yesterday's disturbance did not go away.

But today too...

"Ha..."

Just when Nikan sighed,

"Brother!"

'Vivian?'

When he heard his daughter's sharp yell, he looked back to see Vivian with a painful face. Nikan was briefly taken aback by the unexpected situation.

Vivian pouted her lips and snapped at Wood.

"I heard you and Sister Navia played in water? Why didn't you call Vivi?"

"Lady...!

The maids who followed to stop Vivian looked at Wood and Nikan's face with worry. It was because of the tense atmosphere that was definitely not the aftermath of playing.

Nikan spoke gently because he couldn't scold his young and sick daughter.

"Vivi, your Brother and Navia never played in the water, so stop..."

However, it was faster for Wood to burst than for Nikan to finish his sentence. Wood was so angry he shouted threats with a violent expression.

"Do you want to die? Get lost!"

Wood was already feeling tremendous shame and humiliation over what was happening. In that situation, Vivian was pouring oil and fanning the flames without realizing it.

"Wood!"

Nikan hurriedly shut Wood up, but Vivian had already been shouted at. Vivian hardened in shock from the thunderous roar.

Then she slowly began to realize what Wood said. What did Brother say?

No way, right now, to Vivian... did he threaten to kill her?

Vivian has a time-limit, so she received all the affection and attention from everyone in the duchy and was only protected.

The warm and sweet constant was ruined in one moment.