CHAPTER 7

Navia leaned against the white bed and despite her improper posture, she exuded an irresistible dignity.

'Who would think the Lady is eight years old?'

Such extraordinariness had never been felt in the slightest from Wood and Vivian, who were of Agnes' direct lineage.

Maybe even Nikan.

'Is this what the highest nobles are like?'

The blood of aristocrats was said to be blue.

If so, it seemed that the blood of Navia would flow a much thicker and more vivid blue than any other nobles in existence.

It seemed dangerous. There was nothing that can be guaranteed. It was a gamble.

Charlotte's mind was dizzy with all of her thoughts, but she soon became as quiet as a calm lake. Charlotte bowed her head much deeper than when she did to the master of Agnes.

"I will follow the lady's command."

Then Navia smiled brightly like a child. It was an innocent laughter to anyone who didn't know the meaning behind it.

"I look forward to working with you, Charlotte."

Charlotte bowed even lower.

"Then I'll tell you what you need to do now."

Navia's laughter was frighteningly cold.

"Philippa is embezzling child support with the chef. When you go out, meet with the chef right away and talk to him to suspect Philippa."

"You're telling me to drive a wedge between the two."

Nod.

Navia continued, "Now that I caught Philippa's weakness, she has to give me proper meals in the future. You can use this to separate the two more deeply."

Charlotte nodded eagerly at the reasonable words and asked, "Shall I rid of the evidence that Philippa embezzled?"

"There's another evidence of Philippa's embezzlement that the chef has secured ahead of time, so there's no point."

"Ah...!"

Then Philippa was a rat stuck in a jar.

"Make it so that only Philippa knows that you're loyal to me. Then the chef, you and I will look like three people in one box."

"....you're very clever."

Charlotte was afraid of Navia's change but could not prevent herself from developing an admiration. Her young lady seemed to be a transcendent being who already knew all the logic of the world.

Navia seemed lost in thought for a moment and untied the necklace around her neck. That necklace, which Nikan patronized, was Navia's first birthday present. Although it was a trinket that was worse than the most insignificant piece of trash Vivian's, it was a priceless necklace.

"Sell this to get what you need right now."

The necklace, which had never been removed from the body until her eighth regression, was now just an accessory to raise funds.

"Thank you, Miss."

Navia continued with a slightly tired look, "You can go out now."

Charlotte looked at the tray and asked, "Do you want me to serve the meal again?"

"...no. I'll eat a little later."

"Then call me when you need me."

When Charlotte left the room, Navia breathed out the hot breath she had held in.