CHAPTER 18

"Miss...?"

Charlotte was flustered and called out to Navia.

However, Navia only put the perfectly ruined juice on the table.

Actually, more than half of the juice was left, but she still felt like she was dreaming because of the happiness she felt from the juice. It was a great luxury for her.

Flustered, Charlotte alternated between the juice and Navia.

Does Navia have a weird taste for juice? The taste of the juice must have become quite terrible. Wouldn't it have been better to take the medicine separately than mix it in your juice...?

Slam!

Without a knock, the door slammed open.

Charlotte looked back at the uninvited guest with a face mixed with absurdity and anger. It was Maki and the butler Lyndon who came in. Charlotte asked with an unpleasant look.

"What's the matter?"

Lyndon looked around the room without a word with a disrespectful expression. He could see a cup placed on a table.

"What is that?"

Lyndon pointed at the cup and asked Charlotte. Charlotte couldn't open her mouth. Maki spoke with a calm but energetic look.

"It's the same cup we used. One of them disappeared, but it looks like it was here."

Charlotte refuted with a cold look.

"That's weird. You even put it on the tray for me to take earlier, but why did your words change?"

Maki shook her head.

"Look at her trying to frame me, butler. You stole it, yet you're being abominable."

Lyndon questioned Charlotte with irritation.

"Charlotte, even if it was for the Lady, isn't this against the Master's will?"

"Butler, this..."

Maki stopped Charlotte from refuting.

"Not only that, but you mixed something in our juice! I told you about Laura earlier, right?"

She covered everything she had done, framing Charlotte. Maki murmured with a miserable look.

"If Lady Vivian had drunken it and not Laura..."

It didn't happen, but it made them feel terrible thinking about it.

As Maki said, if Vivian had drunk the juice with the laxative, not only the maids but also the kitchen staff would have lost their necks. Lyndon also wouldn't have been able to avoid it.

"How dare you do such dirty and cruel things in Agnes!"

However, in the end, it didn't happen.

'Tch, it's hard to pass it over lightly because of Maki. I'll erase this matter by demoting Charlotte to the laundry maid.'

Lyndon was determined to cover this up because he could be reprimanded by Nikan because of this incident.

"You should know the consequences of disobeying the Master's will. You are now a maid of the laundry room..."

"Eu..."

A faint sound of illness was heard.

Everyone's eyes turned.

Navia was curled up and her forehead was resting on her knees.

"Miss!"

Charlotte was surprised and approached Navia.