CHAPTER 20

Dash!

Vivian ran back to her room. Her heart was pounding and her breathing became rough. Navia suddenly seemed like a terrible monster who came to ruin her.

That's outrageous!

Vivian, stomping her feet, shouted at the maids who couldn't stop the ridiculous situation.

"Get out!"

"M-Miss...?"

"Everyone get out! Right now!"

As such a disturbance was taking place in Vivian's bedroom, Charlotte looked absurdly at the spot where she ran out.

'I knew that Lady Vivian's maids were lazy, but I can't believe you just watched them move things without helping...'

Charlotte sighed and frowned inwardly.

It was because the employees were glancing alternately at Vivian's room and Navia.

'The staff management for a boutique that only deals with high nobles is a mess.'

Charlotte glanced at Navia.

'Is it okay to leave it like that?'

Navia stared at the spot where Vivian was for a moment. She felt everyone staring at her. She tilted her head.

"Huh? Did something happen?"

Silver hair fluttered as Navia tilted her head.

Because of her repeated regressions, Navia had a unique atmosphere that no one could imitate.

When the dreamy and mysterious aura of being shrouded in fog was exuded, the Ansier employees were slightly amazed.

Charlotte gave a small cough and scolded coldly.

"What are you doing in front of the Lady right now? You're not thinking about being rude, are you?"

"N-no. Apologies."

They hurriedly arranged the boxes neatly on top of a large table. When the employees finished their work, they stood side by side and bowed sharply.

"We will leave now, Princess."

When the employees left, Charlotte asked, "Will it be okay to leave Lady Vivian alone? I'm sure bad things will come out."

'They'll say that the daughter of a lowly aristocrat was given too much.'

As Vivian's heart was hurt, Navia would be a terrible step sister. Actually, it wouldn't have been a problem if Nikan had prepared Vivian's together.

Navia spoke calmly, "It's okay. Also, I was the one who told you to keep the story about Ansier a secret."

Charlottes eyes sparkled when Navia said that.

Is she planning something again with this?

Her heart began to pound with strange expectations.

Navia looked at the boxes, lost in her thoughts.

'Stepfather is an arrogant man.'

A firm belief that everything is in his palm, that everything is within his control.

It was Nikan's deep-rooted idea and source of confidence. And it had to be left alone.

'That way, not only Wood and Vivian, but also the servants' complaints will grow rapidly. Then, they'll doubt the chief's judgement.'

Nikan was convinced that his decision to adopt Navia as his foster daughter was right. That's why the friction would grow bigger, causing cracks in the community.