CHAPTER 12

A hypothesis he didn't want to assume crossed Nikan's mind.

"You there."

Nikan called a servant who had a stiff expression.

The servant couldn't be here at this time, so it was obvious why that servant was here. He was a witness.

"Why was Wood trapped in water?"

"Ah... It seems that the young master summoned the water and got trapped. Lady Navia told me."

The servant said so and glanced at Navia behind him. Nikan's gaze also reached Navia, who was soaked in water like Wood. Even though her lips were shaking as if she were cold, Navia was anxiously looking at Wood.

The East building on the 1st floor was blocked from access.

Wood and Navia, who were soaked in water. A space where Wood's mana can be felt. He knew the situation without having to ask any more questions.

'Just when the brainwashing weakened!'

"Ha..."

Nikan grabbed his throbbing head. To make matters worse, the Empress had sent an invitation to ask for a portrait of Navia.

At this time, it was clear that if the foster daughter suddenly changed, the Empress would pick on all kinds of faults.

'Looking at her, it doesn't look like the brainwashing has been disturbed.'

Nikan's eye's went dark.

"Navia, you look wet, what happened?"

Navia flinched when Nikan called out to her.

"That..."

"It's okay, so tell me."

Navia dropped her head as if she was in agony. Her eyes, which were trembling in fear, dried cold in an instant.

'This is a test.'

As Navia began to think earnestly, her expression faded and became blanker. It was a habit that appeared the more she would concentrate on her thoughts.

'He's trying to check the brainwashing.'

Even though his son was like that, Nikan was testing Navia's loyalty.

'Disgusting.'

This was the true appearance of a high noble.

Of course, Nikan was a considerable figure. He wasn't called the head of the most powerful family of the three greatest Dukes for nothing.

He had an excellent talent for distinguishing long-term chess pieces and short-term chess pieces and controlling them appropriately.

'I'm a long-term chess piece.'

So he spent a long time brainwashing her every time.

Edward confessed the truth just before Navia was sent to be Queen Barbarian.

"You still don't know? I'm a mental domination wizard and you've been brainwashed."

"But I have a clear consciousness!"

"That's because you've been exposed to weak brainwashing since you were seven."

Mental domination would blur the conscious because strong uses of it would break the opponents mind. Navia's conscious was clear because she was brainwashed little by little, making her cravings stronger.

'So I didn't know until my sixth regression.'

Edward spoke for the last time.

"Your strong desire is your weakness. Well, it's late advice."