CHAPTER 29

After all that, Nikan sighed deeply and stood in front of his son's room.

Of course, as the head of the family, Nikan used the best room in the Agnes Duchy. The next person to use the best room was the heir, Wood. Other than the bedroom, his room had a separate playroom, reception room and dress room, so nearly half of the floor was all Wood's.

Because of that, he had to walk long on the central stairs to Wood's bedroom. When the door was opened after a long hallway, unlike Vivian's room, a clear and strong color-oriented bedroom appeared.

Click.

Nikan entered his son's room with a complex expression. Wood was lying on a bed with red curtains.

"Master."

Hans, who was looking at Wood's condition inside, greeted him. Nikan waved his hand and bid his greeting.

"How is Wood?"

"There is nothing dangerous. But I think it's better for a knowledgeable wizard to find out more."

"...I see. If you're done treating, go get some rest."

Hans, with Nikan's disdainful words, bowed his head and left the bedroom.

The bedroom was in silence.

Nikan dragged a chair and sat by the bed. His head was pounding nonstop.

'There should be an aftereffect from the mana explosion.'

Although his life wasn't at risk, it was clear that a sharp scar would be left on his body caused by the tremendous storm.

If the mana was twisted, it's safe to say that the life as a wizard was over. Nikan clasped his face in a terrible mood.

"Just why the hell did you do that, Wood...?"

Do you hate Navia that much to take that risk?

A terrible sense of skepticism weighed in his whole body. He was never wrong. There had never been a failure.

The only failure in life was the fact that his daughter was born with the mana reflux disease. But now he doubted his choice. Was it right to have Navia here even if things got this far?

'Should I get rid of her?'

His foster daughter could die in an accident. It wouldn't be hard to disguise it.

He looked out the window.

The sunny sky began to cloud quickly after the emergence of the storm.

"It looks like it will rain."

Nikan's eyes sank coldly as he looked at the sky, which was likely to rain tomorrow.

Rainy days were easier to disguise as carriage accidents.

'Should I just get rid of Navia?'

Clean and bright silver hair without any impurities. Fair and smooth skin. From the dim colors to the red eyes that marked the beauty of a flower at the top of a hill.

When he recalled her great beauty that would overwhelm an audience in ten years, he couldn't help but feel regret. If a nickname was given to Navia's beauty, it would be 'calamitous beauty.'

(T/N: The word used here for calamitous beauty is '경국지색' which is an idiom that means a beauty so great that tilts a country, a woman so beautiful she may jeopardize the fate of the country because the ruler favors her so much.)

She was objectively the greatest beauty, but he was more regretful because she matched Prince Ares' tastes according information he obtained secretly.

Nikan was tired, but he took care of the sleeping Wood.