The long winding road (2)

Ricky POV:

The doctor said that I can't talk for about two weeks after the surgery, then I need to do two weeks of vocal exercises THEN I can try and sing again.

It's only two days into the second week.

"Babe come on I know you can't do much right now but you at least have to get out of bed and take a shower." EJ says as he walks into the bedroom.

We decided to go ahead and move in together cause of my surgery, even though we've only been dating for six months.

I shake my head.

"Come on, where's the Ricky I know and love?" He sits next to me and rubs my back.

I shake my head and look up at him. He gets off the bed and picks me up and carries me into the bathroom.

"You gotta take a shower, you haven't taken one in two days."

I nod my head, I start to take my clothes off.

"Okay, good, I'll be in our room." He says as he walks out, leaving the door cracked.

—————

"So I got a vocal coach for you for tomorrow so you can start singing again." EJ says as I'm sitting on the couch.

"But what if I can't sing the same way?"

"Babe you gotta try." He sits next to me.

"Okay, let's say theoretically I can sing again, what if it's not the same? My career will still be over."

"Calm down, you'll be okay."

"No I won't, I can't do this! Just cancel it." I run into the bedroom.

—————

EJ surprised me and actually cancelled my appointment.

We're cuddling in bed as I'm kissing EJ's abs.

He giggles. "Babe that tickles!"

"Can we do something else? I'm bored." I whine.

"Well if you wanted to try and sing I wouldn't mind hearing that."

"But what if I mess up?" I look up at him.

"I don't care. I'll love you no matter what."

"Okay......I guess it's worth a shot." I get up and go over to the piano.

EJ sits up smiling at me.

I start playing one of my songs.

"Close the book before it turns to tragedy, tear the treehouse down. Give up the fantasy, nothing to regret since the day we met, glad we took a chance makin our own world. Perfectly imperfect like it had to be, who thought that one first kiss, would turn in to two heartbreaks? But since we were young I swore, I'd never walk away."

"Oh my god."

"You did it."

"I did."

"And you were great, just like I told you." He comes over to me.

I kiss him. "You're perfect." He says as he caresses my cheek.

I blush. "No I'm not."

"You are to me."

AN
Finished that, hope it was good.
Thx for reading