A family of Dix

EJ POV:

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, I turn my phone off and look at my husband across the room putting clothes on.

"You know how we are, you can't just sit there. It's already 06:02." He says as he grabs his shoes before he leaves our room.

I get up, put on some clothes and start nocking on the kids door's.

"James, Andrea! Time to get up."

"Adam, Kayla, JJ! You can't go to school in your PJs." I say as the triplets come out of their room.

I go down stairs and nock on Jadah's door.

"J girl, time to get up you got try outs today."

"Already up and dressed EJ."

"Good to here!"

I run into the kitchen and grab their lunch boxes while Ricky makes their sandwiches. The kids start running into the living room.

"Line up y'al!" Ricky says as he grabs the toast and starts throwing it to them.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,....... Where are 7 and 8?!" I say as I hand everyone their lunch boxes.

They shrug their shoulders.

"Babe?" I turn to my husband.

"I got them up. I don't know why they aren't down here." He walks over to the stairs.

"Casidy! Amber! Get your butts down here!" Ricky yells.

"Chill, we're coming." They say as they slowly walk down the stairs.

"Hey, I don't wanna here that attitude from you two. Ricky is your dad too."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Alright, take your lunch and get."

Jadah, Amber, and Casidy walk out of the house.

"Alright all little people to the van!" I say as I clap and grab my coat and hand Ricky his.

They all rush out the door, us fallowing after them and we all pile into the mini van.

"Oh, wait. Did someone feed Sandy and Danny?" Ricky asks before he starts the car.

"I got it dad." Kayla says.

"Okay. Here we go! Off to school!"

You're probably wondering how the hell do we have so many kids if we're gay. Great question, EJ got married after college and had Casidy, Amber, James, and Andrea. Both are sets of twins. I got married right out of high school and had JJ, Kayla, Adam, and Jadah. JJ, Kayla, and Adam are triplets. All of them are mixed. EJ's kids are all white, not that it matters.

We adopted two boxer hounds and named them Danny and Sandy after our favorite musical. We're also thinking about adopting.

Gina, Ricky's ex, still helps with the kids and watches them on date nights and when EJ and I have to work.

We drop all the kids off at their school's. And head to work.

Ricky's phone starts ringing. "Oh hun, can you answer that? It's Gina."

"Yeah." I grab it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's date night for you two isn't it?" Gina asks.

"Yeah. You don't have to watch them though, we can cancel."

"No! Of course not, it's your five year anniversary, that's big. Go have fun. I'll watch them and you guys can have the night to yourselves."

"Okay, thank you."

"Of course. And be careful."

"For sure. Bye now."

"Bye."

She hangs up.

"Now what?" Ricky asks.

"We go to work and then go to dinner and have some fun."

"It's gonna be weird without the kids around."

"Yeah, a whole 8 plus hours."

"Yeah, crazy. What's that thing that happens when their aren't any kids?"

"Uh silence I think." I chuckle.

"Yeah, that's gonna be weird."

"We'll be fine."

AN
I just watched the new Cheaper by the dozen and got this idea. Let me know if y'all want a part 2.
Thx for reading