First dates

Ricky POV:

I'm walking into the house.

"Why didn't you tell us you were going on a date?" Jenn asks.

"I don't know, it's not a big deal."

"It's the first time you've gone out with someone since you came out to us." My dad says.

"I'm gonna go to bed."

"Oh okay, goodnight son."

"Night guys, love you." I walk up to my room.

—————

"So, tell us about last night." My dad says as we're eating breakfast.

"How'd you meet him?" Jenn asks.

"Oh uh, we have mutual friends but we started talking on Instagram."

"So you found this girl on the internet."

"Well I was talking to big red and Carlos and they were telling me about him and I reached out to him and we started talking."

"So you went to the movies for your first date?"

"Well we went to Red Robbin after."

"Oh okay."

"Oh, so we have tickets for a play next week. Maybe we could go on a double date." My dad says.

"No, that's probably not a good thing for a second date."

—————

"Yeah, maybe for like a tenth date." Seb says as we're eating lunch.

"If he gets that far." Nini adds.

"Hey."

"So do you like him?" Gina asks.

"No." I say sarcastically.

They look at me weird.

"Of course I do, why would I go out with him if I didn't like him?"

"Good point."

"Is he cute?" Gina asks.

I show them a picture on my phone.

"Ooooo, what does he like?"

"Uh, he does theater."

"That's awesome. Maybe you should go to that play."

"Yeah, and you can just sit away from the parents."

During the rest of the conversation seb kind of just sits there, not really saying much. Seb is Jenn's son, my dad adopted Gina so he would have the title of being the dad to her from my dads previous marriage. My mom had gina before she started dating my dad and he adopted her once they got married.

—————

Well needless to say, we ended up going to the play. It was kinda weird, we did end up sitting away from my dad and Jenn though.

Im walking EJ to the door.

"Thank you for taking me tonight, kind of a weird play but it was fun." EJ says as he smiles.

"Yeah, of course."

"Uh, do you wanna go on a third date?"

"Yeah, I'd love to."

He leans in and kisses me, I kiss him back.

My dad honks the horn. "Come on Ricky! Jenn's gotta cook dinner! You wanna eat right?!" He yells from the car.

EJ chuckles. "Well uh, I'll see you later. Text me when you get home." EJ says as he opens the door.

"Will do, night EJ."

"Good night."

AN
This was based off of something that happened with one of my older brothers last weekend. Minus the last scene, but the part where they are talking about EJ, I'm seb in that conversation lol.
Thx for reading