The brightest colors fill my head

Ricky POV:

Im sitting in the back of the small bus listening to all my friends sing 99 bottles of beer. All of us newly graduated high school artist, decided it would be fun to go on a camping trip before we all head off to college. Even though most of us are going to the same college.

I'm not openly gay but all the people in my art class have figured it out by now. Surprisingly I'm the only one drawing right now, normally when we all go on field trips we're all drawing or making origami. But I guess they're just having fun, they're all girls I might add, handful of them are bi or lesbian and dating each other....

Unfortunately I know what I'm getting myself into, I probably won't be able to sleep for the week we're here. Partly could be because of my boyfriend, the girls said he could tag along cause they know how I am. EJ's a great guy, sweet, handsome, really kind, and sleeps a lot..... he's currently asleep on my shoulder so that's nice. Oh, and he's pretty good in bed to.

We arrive at the campground and unload. We all get to work with setting up our tents and everything else. And yes, we have a pop up canopy for our art of course.

—————

We're all sitting by the camp fire eating s'mores and drawing. EJ is snuggled up against me which is making finishing this piece kinda tricky. 

"What you drawing baby?" He asks.

"Wow, that's good. You should draw me sometime this week." He smiles.

"Or I could paint you."

"Yes." He kisses me, I kiss him back.

"Okay love birds take it to your tent if you're gonna make out." Ashlyn interrupts.

"It was just a little kiss."

"I mean I wouldn't mind taking you to our tent." He whispers in my ear.

We sit around the fire for the next few minutes and talking about what we're gonna do for tomorrow.

"Well I think we're gonna head to bed. Got an early start tomorrow." I say as I get up.

"Yeah sure." Ashlyn says.

"Like we believe that." Mia says

"Whatever, night guys." I roll my eyes and go to our tent and EJ fallows me.

"Use protection!" Leslie shouts.

—————

You know what's a nice way to get up? Waking up on your own with not a lot of sun in your face. This was the exact opposite of how the girls woke us up.

EJ and I are both sound asleep with our arms wrapped around each other and suddenly I hear the military wake up call song thing. Not from a phone or anything. No, Mia playing it on her trumpet. And then Amy went around with her and opened everyone's tents.