Fingers crossed

This was suggested by its_emmanuel7

Ricky POV:

"Thank you for watching Lilan tonight." I say to Nini.

"Of course, you seem pretty confident about him and I don't want you to have to throw that away." She says as she takes her bag.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna tell him tonight. I have faith that he won't run away."

"Well I hope it works out. This is the what fifth sixth date?"

"Tenth, not that I'm counting."

"Yeah, no, definitely not."

All this started in our sophomore year of high school. Of course neither me or Nini had had sex before, but somehow we got tossed into a crazy bet and I don't even remember why either of us agreed to it but here we are 6 years later.

In our senior year was when Nini met Gina, her now girlfriend. I obviously took my responsibility as being a dad right away, but it's just been so hard to find someone my age who wants to be ok with that.

We actually don't live together, we're still great friends and we parent together. Gina and nini live in an apartment in the sand complex as me, we just live on different floors.

"Lilian say by to daddy." Nini says.

I kneel down.

"By daddy." She hugs me tightly.

"I love you kiddo, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning ok."

"Ok."

—————

"Hey." EJ hugs me.

"Hey." We sit at our table.

"So what was it you wanted to tell me?"

"Uh.....I have a daughter." I whisper the last part.

"I'm sorry, i didn't hear that last part."

"I have a daughter."

"Oh, that's it? I thought you were gonna say you were a crazy person or a drug addict."

"No, and those kinda go hand in hand."

"Good point. What's her name?"

"Lilian."

"That's a pretty name. How old is she?"

"Almost 6."

"Oh, you had her at a younger age. That's why you're nervous."

I nod. "Yeah, her mom and I were never in a relationship at all."

"Oh, one night stand?"

"Sorta. It was a stupid bet."

"Can I tell you something to?"

"Sure."

He leans forward a bit.

"I have a dog."

"Oh haha very funny. That's crazy, looks like I'm gonna have to go, turns out I'm scared of dogs."

"Wait really?"

"No! Now that's crazy. I love dogs, Lillian's mom's girlfriend has a dog who apparently loves me."

"Aw."

"Can I meet Lilan at some point?"

"Yeah, do you have any plans tomorrow?"

"No."

"You want to meet her then? There's a park by my apartment."

"I'd love to."

—————

"You really didn't have to walk me home." I say as we walk into my apartment.

"Well I wanted to, also wanted to see how you raise a 5 year old in an apartment."

"It's difficult at times. But it's nice that there's a park with in walking distance."

"Yeah." He kisses me, I kiss him back.

"Thanks for being okay with this."

"Of course, anyone would be crazy not to want to still be with you after finding something like this out."

AN
I hope I did the request justice.
Thx for reading