Chapter 9: A new friend

TW
FLASHBACKS

:)
———

Tommy and Aimsey had arrived at Aimsey's house. It was behind a waterfall, hidden from the outside view. But beautiful when you stepped in to the other side.

Fields of grass covered in flowers could be seen. It was like a fairy garden seen only in children's movies.

There was a weeping willow tree. Those have always been Tommy's favorites.

How this is possible no one can explain. But Tommy stood amazed at the sight.

Once they got inside Aimsey set up a bed for Tommy to get some rest.

"Get some sleep while I make dinner." They said with a smile and Tommy tried to refuse.

"It's okay Tommy. You look tired. Get some rest please."

Tommy eventually gave in, laying down, his eyelids getting heavier every second.

---

Later, Aimsey walked to their living room where Tommy had been sleeping peacefully, softly shaking him awake.

Tommy jumped up, gasping.

"Woah! I'm so sorry I should've been more careful waking you up." Aimsey said with sympathetic eyes.

Tommy softly sighed.

"Don't worry Aims it's okay." Tommy said with his soft smile.

Aimsey handed him the plate of cookies they made.

"Aims?" Aimsey chuckled a little.

Tommy grew embarrassed and looked down.

"Sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Oh don't worry it's no problem. I like it." Aimsey smiled taking one of the cookies, sitting next to Tommy. Tommy smiled.

"So how'd you sleep?" Aimsey asked and Tommy sat back.

"Better than I have in years." Tommy smiled closing his eyes.

"That's good. I'm glad. Hey, what do you think about going on a trip tomorrow?" Aimsey asked looking at Tommy.

"Really, where?"

"Well I have to go mining and then I'm gonna go get stuff to make some baked goods. I'm gonna take them to ranboo afterwards. obviously at that point, you would stay here when I'm taking them to him." Aimsey said.

"Sure, that sounds fun." Tommy smiled, shoving the rest of his cookie into his mouth, standing up.

He took the plate, him and aimsey walking to the kitchen.

Tommy filled the sink with water and started washing the dishes.

"Oh no Tom's you don't have to do that." Aimsey said walking over to Tommy.

"No believe me, I do. You let me into your home and now we're friends right? Friends help eachother." Tommy said smiling.

"Tommy this is our home now. And of course we're friends." Aimsey said turning Tommy around and smiled at him.

"Yeah so let me do this for you. I can make some tea after, if you have the ingredients of course." Tommy said rinsing off a plate.

"I do for some hibiscus tea. Do you know how to make it?"

"I do! It's my favorite tea." Tommy said excitedly.

"Really!? Me too! I just don't make it well myself." Aimsey laughed.

"I know how to make it. One of my old friends, niki." Tommy paused and looked away.

"She was like my sister. She taught me how to make it." Tommy gave a small chuckle.

Tommy missed Niki so much. Even if she tried to kill him, there was still love in his heart for her.

Niki used to be so sweet.

It's all my fault she's like this.

Tommy had always thought when he saw the once happy girl be so cold and bitter.

Once she joined the syndicate he didn't see her much.

He knew she was happy with the info of him being dead.

A lot of people were.

Hell, the eggpire celebrated him being dead.

The last time he saw Niki, she was helping dream escape.

Aimsey looked at him once again seeing his eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall.

"Hey its okay Tom's don't let it hurt you to much. What can I do to cheer you up?" Aimsey said with a reassuring look.

"Could we go find a cow to keep as a pet?" Tommy asked smiling.

Aimsey brushed the tears off Tommy's face and smiled.

"Of course Tommy. Lets go find a cow and then we can make some tea."

They made their way out of Aimsey's house as they joked around together.

Tommy knew...

He was gonna like it here.

He was safe

:)