My angel

Jake's POV:

Me: "MC? MC, I need your help."

MC: "Not now Jake, I am busy."

Me: "You're literally just watching movies."

MC: "So? Can't I live my life?"

She rudely answered.

Hannah and Richy were still missing but MC was acting all chill and calm. She had stopped helping me in finding the clues. Both of us had decided to come to Duskwood in order to investigate about Hannah and Richy. I wanted MC to be safe and out of all dangers so we were both living together.

Something about her had changed. Five days ago, she went to take a walk around the town for some fresh air and admire the beauty of Duskwood, but when she came back, she was changed. She suddenly became so rude and uninterested in this case. This other day, she was also flirting with Phil.

At first, I didn't give it much thought but now it was all getting too much.

***

I was sitting on my computer when suddenly, MC wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled. "c'mon, Jake. How much will you work? Stop this now."

"I can't, MC. I have to-"

She turned my chair to face her and before I knew it, she had pressed her lips on mine. I was shocked by this action. MC was usually so shy. She used to blush just by a simple touch from me, but now, she was so bold.

Just then, her phone started ringing. She pulled away from me and looked at the caller ID. She immediately went out of the room and slammed the door.

I checked my computer to see who had called her but I was unable to listen to their call. She had a strong encryption that prevented me from listening to her call.

I got up and followed where she had just gone.

"Don't worry, I'll meet you soon. Everyone thought you were dead. They must have recieved a big shock." she chuckled.

"Keep them unconscious. I'll do something about Jake and then I'll come to meet you."

She hung up. She turned around and her skin went pale as soon as she saw me. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Were you eavesdropping on me?"

"Don't change the subject, MC. Who were you talking to?" I raised my voice.

She came towards me, giving me an innocent look. "Richy." she said. "What?!" I stared at her in disbelief. She went towards a drawer and took something out of it. She turned around to face me again, her hands were behind her back as she came towards me again.

"Yes. I was talking to Richy. I know where Hannah is. I knew all along. As, I was the one to kidnap her. And the man without a face is none other than Richy." she smirked.

I was shocked. My eyes were widened in horror. I couldn't believe my ears. It was her all along?

"Why? Why did you-"

Before I could complete, she injected my neck with something. My vision started getting blurry and I felt dizzy. I fell on the floor and MC stood in front of me, laughing like an evil woman. Before I could do anything, everything blacked out.

***

I woke up to someone calling out my name. I opened my eyes, hoping that everything that happened was just a nightmare. MC can't do this. But when I opened my eyes, I found myself, tied to a chair. I was in a cabin like place. I looked around to find all of Hannah's friends tied on the chairs around me. I even saw Hannah and she looked miserable.