Chapter 8 : A Work of History?

~ [04/05/2022]

Bamm......Clink!!!!!!!!

What the heck was that? Did he collapse or what?

Oh god, I can't even see with the power gone. Let's fix that first!

"Y/N!!!.."

Why is he screaming? Don't tell me someone broke into the house!

Ouch! My pinky toe would have almost been crushed by this stupid table leg.

"Y/NNNNNNN!!!!!! Come h-here......here fast..."

Just 5 seconds more, (you mumble running up the stairs.)

With those loud screams of Taehyung, you almost miss a heartbeat. Leaving everything aside, you quickly run towards his bedroom and open the door. As soon as you enter, he grabs your wrist with an insecure grip, pulls you towards him, and hides behind your back.

What what? Why? What happened? Is there anyone else?

You get scared of his sudden strange behavior. You try to understand what's going on and look around if someone else was there. In that dark room, you move your eyes quickly from left to right to the edge of the window. However,...

It's just... just him and I, no one else. Why is he even hiding?

At least, no one broke into the house, thank god! (And you sigh in relief.)

All you could hear was the heavily pouring raindrops on the metal shelf outside, a sudden and loud thundering sound intermingling with the shallow and fast breathing of Taehyung hiding behind you. The situation was very tense and frightening as if the Grim riper just showed himself. 

A couple of moments later, a warm hand wraps your waist from behind and you shiver down your spine. 

What's wrong with him? WHAT IS HE DOING?

I swear if he is pulling some kiddish prank.

With his left hand wrapped around your waist from behind, Taehyung slowly leans his chin on your right shoulder, like a kid peeping out of the window, and with his other hand, trembling with fear, he points towards the corner of his room. 

He is shivering. Why? And what's there?

In the direction of his pointing, you slowly take a glance and eventually see all his things like pillows, vases, watches, perfume bottles broken into millions of pieces, and an old diary in the corner.

Before you could ask anything, his fearful and breathy voice whispered into your right ear,

"Y/n! (takes a deep breath) k-kill her,..."

But there is no one? Y/n, don't say he can see ghosts and stuffs like that. 

I swear. I fear them a lot.

By any chance, if he is pranking me, I'll choke him into my cup of coffee!

"K-kill her else s-she'll... she'll kill me...."

Kill whom? My shadow? Your shadow?

You are so confused at his words because there is just his shadow hiding behind yours and the mess lying on the floor. You slowly turn your head towards the right to catch a glance of his few inches far, sweaty, and scared face. His eyes look so innocent and mesmerizing.

Doesn't seem like he is pulling my leg. He seriously looks very pale.

Swooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........