Chapter 28 : The Smoky Van

~ [05/06/2022]

Why does he sound so painful?

Jin's POV and Jin speaking:

On a bright cheerful day, I was going to school as usual. The weather was so delightful that I was singing all the way to the school. Butterflies were hovering on the colorful flowers and the trees were swinging along with the swish of wind. The birds were chirping and hopping from one branch to another. Everything seemed so happy.

Is he some kind of poet or what?

It was the day when we all were going to practice our first performance with all preparations. I was so excited and I am pretty sure everyone was.

However, before I reached the school, a mysterious old van came and stopped beside me. I thought it was going to crash into me and got scared. Probably some drunk men were driving.

But no! They weren't drunk.

A muscular arm with a large dragon tattoo opened the door from inside. All the cigar smoke slipped out of the door passage and covered me like the thunderstorm wandering over the mountain, making my eyes sting and teary. As soon as my eyes rolled from his enormous arms to his black stitched left eye, the man uttered with his thick irritating voice, "Hey! Do you know me?"

He was scary

"What the heck?"

They looked like the monsters seeking their hunt for dinner. My hands trembled and before I could step back, that hairy tattooed arm pulled me inside the van.

He was too strong to even move him an inch. They were around 3-4, I don't remember exactly. As soon as he pulled me inside, they tied my hands and legs with the scratchy jute rope which was quite painful and left scars all over my wrists and ankles. They even covered my eyes and tapped my mouth.

I was frightened.

I trembled and shivered.

I couldn't move at all, neither could I see nor scream.

"Why would someone do that to Jin? Like WHY???"

I didn't know who they were and what they wanted from me. All I knew was my name, my middle class family who works day and night to provide me with a good life, and my innocent and most loving friend circle.

(Listening to Jin, you get goosebumps all over your body and that actually scares the shit out of you. Meanwhile, Jin got all sweaty and his hands trembled to tell his past.

Just imagining yourself in such a situation can shake you. However, Jin experienced all this shit alone when he was just a normal teenager. How scary it must be to make him tremble even after more than a decade!

Namjoon handed over the glass of water to Jin.

Jin took a deep breath, filled his lungs with all the air he could, and continued...)

After I got trapped inside that smoky van, I don't really remember what exactly happened.

The very next thing I can recall is the dark room with a tiny window on my left, about 12 feet above and wide enough to throw a...

(Jin sees the tangerine in Yoongi's hand and continues...)

...throw a tangerine out of it.

"Yahh! Don't talk about my tangerine, it is my love, my life!" exclaimed Yoongi with a sad but calm face.

"Let's talk about your love life later, Yoongi. I'm pretty sure we have so much to talk about!" responded Jin and added further...

"Yoongi has a love life? Interesting!"