Chapter 10 : Why is everyone resigning?

~ [06/05/2022]

–IN TAEHYUNG'S OFFICE–

Being shocked, Taehyung shouts, "WHAT? WHYYY?? Why do you want to resign all of a sudden? If you think that your pay is less, I'll increase it as much as you want. If you need a break, I'll give you paid holiday for as long as you want. If something is wrong with the company, tell me! I'll get it fixed."

With no reply, frustrated Taehyung adds, "I can't, I just can't afford to lose an employee like you."

A bit disappointed voice speaks up, "I don't think I am as efficient as I used to be. The last collaboration contract that I was supposed to get, I couldn't. But your personal assistant was..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Taehyung interrupted with rage flowing through his blood...

"But she did it! Without any degree or experience, she did it. And that's why you want to resign, right Hyung?"

The man with the scar, Mr. Min nods, "Hmm, that's true!"

Taehyung takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself. He looks at Yoongi and says,

"Look Hyung, listen to me now! I gave that impossible task to Y/n because I knew that she had connections with the director of Rkive company. I knew it was an impossible task but I didn't want to give up. On SNS, I found out that Y/n's friend is a friend of that Company's director. And so, I just used her as bait to get the contract signed. Also, we are just going to use that Company for marketing purposes!"

Shocked Yoongi asks Taehyung if Y/n knows about it. Because, definitely, why would she let anyone use her personal connection? It's just not professional, right?

Taehyung titled his head down and speaks with an unenergetic voice, "Well, she doesn't and I am not even planning to tell her. But yes, just because of this silly move, I won't let you resign Hyung!"

Yoongi smiles and sighs in relief.

Taehyung with a proud voice tells Yoongi that even if Y/n gets the contract signed, at last, he only has to make proposals and present them. Y/n can never take Yoongi's position as the manager. Not Y/n but no one can take his place!

After listening to Taehyung, Yoongi shines with his shy gummy smile and tries to act like a loyal employee to tease Taehyung.

"Thank you Daepyonim! Thank you for keeping faith in me. I promise that I'll work hard and..."

"HYUNG!!! You know you don't have to act like that. I trust you more than anyone!"

KNOCK KNOCK...

"Come in," says Taehyung and that person enters the office. He curiously looks at Yoongi thinking about what he is doing there this late and goes near Taehyung's desk. He slowly puts an envelope on the desk and steps back with his head tilted down.

Without even taking a look at it, Taehyung jokes around, "Don't tell me it's a resignation letter, else I'll kill myself today!"

And a surprising voice speaks up, "Daepyonim! How did you know that I'm resigning?"

Taehyung cannot get stunned anymore. He is speechless and frustrated with fifty shades of irritation. With his eyes widened, he asks, "Jimina! Are you really resigning?"

Yoongi looks at the frustrated Taehyung and laughs quietly. He also wonders about Jimin's reason to quit. But getting the same look from Jimin, he says, "I think it's better to leave you both alone. I'll leave now. Have a good night!"

After Yoongi leaves, Taehyung continues to ask Jimin the question he was asking before

"Now tell me, why YOU also want to resign?"

Jimin with a question mark on his face questions back, "Is Yoongi Hyung also resigning? WHY?"

Taehyung just throws away all the files on his desk and screams, "I ASKED FIRST! ANSWER ME!!!"

Jimin with a forced smile responds, "If you remember, I told you earlier that my sister opened a café in Busan. I want to help her with the business."

"BUT I ALSO NEED YOU, JIMINA!"

Jimin looks back at Taehyung and replies smilingly, "You have your new assistant. I strongly believe that she can handle everything. Trust me. Despite your picky behavior, she got hired in just a few days and is handling everything perfectly. Keep your faith in Y/n!"

"Did you just say that I'm picky?" asks Taehyung, raising his eyebrows.

"I didn't mean it," says Jimin and then whispers, "But you are!"

"I can hear you."

Taehyung sits back on his chair and starts looking for something. He goes through various documents in the folder and keeps searching for something. Jimin is curious. He is curious to know what Taehyung is finding but doesn't ask him. After some time Taehyung gets what he was looking for. He tells Jimin to sit.

Taehyung looks at Jimin and slowly smiles, "Jimina! How about I reduce your working hours? You can help your sister on weekends!"

Jimin sighs and tells Taehyung that he just wants to resign. He cannot travel every weekend. With that Taehyung starts laughing and hands over the documents he found earlier to Jimin.

Jimin asks him what it was about but Taehyung doesn't respond. He quickly goes over the document and finds out that it was his contract papers with Borahae Company.

"What do I do with this Taehyungaa?" asks Jimin pointing to the documents.

"Read page number 2, last 3rd line Mr. Park!" smirks Taehyung.

Jimin reads that particular part and his jaw dropped unbelievably. It is mentioned that he cannot resign until Taehyung himself tells him to resign.

Jimin's soul left him. He looks at Taehyung with annoyance. He exhales noisily and says that it is unfair, how can he do that to him. 

Taehyung smartly replies that he should have read the papers properly before signing. After a long discussion and bargaining, Jimin ends up accepting the offer Taehyung offered previously.

--WILL BE CONTINUED--

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This was the 10th chapter and I'm so sorry for another boring part.

Let's meet Ji Hyun now! <3

💜Follow me for the next update 💜

-----

Please VOTE , SHARE, and leave COMMENTS!

Because your love and support are the reason we authors exist! <3

💜 Borahae 💜