𝟎𝟎𝟑: 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧.

Saylor spent a week in the hospital, Rafe by her side holding her hand and keeping her entertained

Saylor spent a week in the hospital, Rafe by her side holding her hand and keeping her entertained. Wheezie would visit every day and play a round of Uno to help pass the time.

Once she was sent home they had given her a handful of medication to take daily to help with the damage done to her brain.

Her memory was the biggest thing effected from her head trauma, all memories of her childhood and the people in it had locked them selves into a volt she couldn't find the key to.

But Rafe was there to fill her in on the 'truth'.

That they had been dating for years and Saylor grew up best friends with Sarah who died after being manipulated by a Pogue from the poor side of the island to follow him into a storm.

For a month after she left the hospital everything was perfect. Ward, Rose, Carol, Rafe, Saylor and Wheezie were content within the walls that protected the Cameron household from the outside.

She spent her days watching films in the arms of her boyfriend and baking with her little sister Wheezie. And when she wasn't with either of the Cameron siblings she was with Tyler.

Tyler was Wards new employee, hired to replace John B. Saylor and Tyler's friendship was much like hers and Popes... not the she remembered that.

Saylor was yet to leave the safety of the Cameron mansion as Rafe claimed her recovery would speed up if she didn't let the outside world infiltrate her brain.

Everything was great until one afternoon Wheezie had allowed the grieving Topper Thornton into the house. He had gone round to collect a few left over items from his ex lovers room when he ran into someone he thought to be dead on the stairs.

Saylor was on her way down the stairs to get a glass of water so she was able to take her medication when she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going" She apologised.

"No, no. Not your fault at all -." He stopped abruptly his eyes wide and jaw slack. "Lor?"

Saylor was confused, she didn't recognise the boy stood in front of her but it was like there was something in her brain telling her she needed him.

"I- I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"It's me... Topper." The kook spoke slowly unsure of what was going on. When the look of confusion didn't clear on her face his heart sunk. The only person that ever understood him, didn't know who he was.

Saylor picked up on his hurt expression immediately and guilt swarmed in her gut. She hated that she had upset him, her stupid brain unable to remember someone that clearly cared for her.

"I'm sorry, my brains kind of broken at the moment" she tried to joke. "I'm sure if I remembered I would be very happy to see you"

Topper was about to question what had happened to her and explain their friendship when a stern voice echoed down the stair case.

"Princess, why don't you get back to bed. I will grab your water for you" Rafe suggested his fists clenched.

"Oh, I was just talking to-." She paused realising she had forgotten his name. "Sorry" she bowed her head embarrassed and Topper tried his best to smile ignoring the pain he felt. "I will see you again?"

"Yeah, you will" Topper responded sounding certain before she made her way back up the stairs and into her shared room.

The second they heard the bedroom door shut the two ex best friends were at each others throats.

After many harsh exchanged words and a few thrown fists they came to an agreement. Topper was allowed to visit Saylor if he didn't bring up any of the Pogues or her life before the accident.

That's when operation memory recovery was set in motion.

Topper, Tyler and Barry spent the next month working with Saylor to remind her of her old life... her real life.

At first it was hard... really hard.

Saylor didn't want to believe that Rafe could do that to her, the boy she had been in love with for years... or had she?

Barry was the first to realise Saylors 'medication' wasn't exactly what she was told. Rather then helping her injury it was suppressing her memory allowing Carol and Rafe to fill her head with lies.

She began to stop taking the pills and that's when things started coming back to her. It wasn't like she could remember full events, it was more like glimpses of people or a short minute where she could hear a voice she couldn't recognise.

Barry and Topper recited stories of her old life that she had shared with them and it helped to gain back those memories.

Her past and present sometimes over lapped causing her to become overwhelmed and extremely confused. Often resulting in her asking the question "is this real?" If she couldn't gage If she was reliving a memory or was actually there in the moment.

To stop any of the Cameron family discovering that the Routledge girl was getting her memories back she acted as she did the month before.

They had family meals every night and she slept tucked away in Rafes arms.

It was confusing... so confusing.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·