chapter five.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━ CHAPTER FIVE 

( CAUGHT RED HANDED ) , if tomorrow never comes + the self-destruct button.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     JAMIE LIES IN BED ONE MORNING BEFORE A SHIFT, ENJOYING THE SOUND OF RAIN PATTERING AGAINST HER WINDOW. It was the sound of complete peace. Something she hadn't had recently due to the interns moving in. But to her dismay, the alarm at her bed side quickly ruined it. 

     As she turned it off with a huff, she continued to lie in bed, staring at the ceiling. while deep in thought. She was too tired to move, she didn't want to get up. It was like this most days.

     "Jamie?" The woman heard Meredith's voice on the other side of the door. "Jamie, are you getting up. You're going to be late."

     "Go away," Jamie yelled in protest, shoving the extra pillow into her face.

     "Fine, I'll see you at the hospital... I guess." And then her footsteps were gone, and the younger sister retreated down the hallway.

     The eldest sister then sat up and threw her covers, the chill air hitting her shoulders. "Why can't I ever work the night shifts?" She groaned. 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     Jamie quickly skidded into the hospital's parking lot faster than she normally would, due to the fact that she was in fact, late. She quickly opened the door got out of the car but was stopped just as quick. "Oh, god." She met an unfortunate familiar face. "You scared the shit out of me. Go away, I'm late." She shooed him off- well tried to anyway. 

     "No, you're avoiding me." Derek protested as he followed her into the building. 

     "No... well yes but I'm also late."

     "Are we going to talk about this?" He asked and Jamie just shook her head in protest. "About us and Bailey and what she saw."

     "Look, Dr. B is my friend and it's awkward enough already. I don't need to talk about it. I experienced it, remember? Naked, may I add." The woman retorted with a roll of her eyes and a shiver of disgust. "I don't think I'll ever live that down."

     He smirked at her in reply. "This is getting complicated."

     "Yes, complicated for me. A resident who slept with an attending. And besides, Bailey barely speaks to me unless she has to now. We're supposed to be friends, she likes me and now she doesn't. It hurts."

     "Well, not that it's a bad thing. If I was a better guy, I'd walk away."

     Jamie forced a smile at him and stopped walking to face him directly. "Yes, yes you would. So, why don't you do that?"

     "Do you want me to be that better guy?"

     "Yes... no." But as Derek inched his face closer to her, she flushed. "Crap. I'm late." Jamie repeated before rushing into the hospital.