chapter thirty-seven.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN 

( INTESTINES IN THE HANDS, PEOPLE! ) , where the wild things are.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE SAT IN A NEW THERAPY SESSION THIS MORNING. It was with Dr. Graham and she was quite humiliated. Since she had without a doubt quit their sessions for a while, showing up now just to make her anxious as she waited for him to start their inevitable awkward conversation that usually ended up with her ranting to him like there was no tomorrow.

It did not make her feel good whatsoever.

It was also rather quite uncomfortable, just the two of them in the room, silence so loud that you could hear the subtle wind howling outside the windows of Seattle Grace. No room should ever be that quiet during any circumstances.

"So..." She longed out, anxiously playing with the rings on her fingers before asking, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, Jamie. How are you?" Logan replied back in almost an instant, glad that the silence was finally getting her to talk after an unbearable five minutes of complete and utter silence. Silence was one of the tactics he used to get his patients to open up. It worked 9/10 times, and he was proud of those stats. (me as the author can confirm this is true).

The blonde picked up on a hint of a different tone within his voice, and it made her wonder why he was being so calm and relaxed after she had almost chopped his head off in their last conversation. If she had talked to herself like that, she'd rip her own head off.

Graham cleared his throat, getting ready to ask a more in depth question. "More specifically, how are your nightmares?" He asked.

Jamie gulped. "They're... fine." She replied timidly before readjusting her position on the couch in an anxious manner. "Uhm, sometimes I still have them but it's not every night anymore."

"Really? Why's that?" To say Graham was a little skeptical by that was probably the understatement of the year.

"I don't know how my subconscious works. Ask my friend- or my boyfriend who knows pretty much everything about the human brain there is to know. They would probably be able to tell you but I, sadly, cannot." Her answer was sarcastic and blunt, like most of the time.

"Your boyfriend?" Last time the two had a session, Derek and Jamie were still having problems.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that?" She questioned him, crossing her arms slightly over her chest, getting somewhat defensive.

Logan shook his head, backing off, sensing the tone laced in Jamie's voice. "No, just remind me who it is. Is it, Aaron or Adam?" (he's such a jokester).

Jamie had to do a double take to determine if her therapist was joking or not. When she realized he wasn't, she said, "Uh, neither. It's Derek- Dr. Derek Shepherd. Head of Neurology? You know, the one who practically broke my heart into a million pieces but now seems to love me to death. That one." Guilt boiled in Jamie's stomach as she said the last sentence, reminding her of everything that she'd been through.