chapter thirty-three.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE 

( THANK GOD MY MOM'S DEAD ) , haunt you everyday.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

"I'M SO GLAD WE FINALLY GOT TO TALK." Jamie smiled at the brunette across from her at the booth. Her and Lorelei were seated at the back of Joe's sipping away the night without the drama and drunks at the front. "I keep seeing you around the hospital but we're both so busy."

"Well, we do have 27 years of catching up to do." The other mused in return. "But after I saw you that night, God, I've missed you. You look good."

"You look good too, Rory. Man, has it really been 27 years?"

"Yeah, we haven't seen each other since we were 10- well technically 9."

Lorelei Andrews was back in her home town and Jamie was more ecstatic as ever. I mean, who wouldn't be? Your best friend and birthday twin all in one back in town, that was a package deal. Plus it had been 27 years since they last saw one another which was sad to think about. They didn't think they'd ever see each other ever again.

"So, how have you been? I want to hear every detail." The brunette smiled deeply, urging her friend to talk.

"Jeez," Jamie laughed a bit. "I don't know if I have the greatest memory for that."

"Me either," Lorelei added on, chuckling as well.

"But right now, I'm currently a surgical resident at Seattle Grace, working my way up to the top. And I hope to become a trauma attending in the upcoming years." The blonde smiled and blushed a little bit.

Jamie had come a long way and she didn't even realize it until she had said it aloud. And in all honesty, she was proud of herself for once. Something that she had lost hope of.

"Jesus, Jamie Grey, you're on fire." Lorelei complimented her. "Damn, I want to be like you. Teach me your ways."

"A whole lot of trauma and a loving sister to support you through all of it."

"Well, I don't believe I have that much trauma, however, I do have five amazing siblings, so, check. Halfway there." The brunette mused.

"How about you, Rory? What brings you back to Seattle?"

"Well, I got called in for a special case, I can't disclose any information, but I am now a psychiatric specialist that deals with more neurological trauma such as if someone won't talk after an event or if they need help more mentally than physically so I'm not a normal, sit down and talk on a couch therapist like my husband."

"You're married?" Jamie gasped. "Oh my god, I'm so happy for you! I want to be you, Lorelei Andrews. Who's the lucky guy?"

"His name is Logan," She fiddled nervously with the wedding rings on her finger. "And we've been married for about 3 years and... 8 months now. Yeah, I love him a lot and it was kind of spontaneous because we had only been dating for about 7 months before we tied the knot. But it just felt right, you know?"