chapter nine.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER NINE 

( HOW DID I GET HERE? ) , enough is enough ( no more tears ).

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "IT'S NOT YOU," KATHRYN SPOKE AS SHE AND JAMIE LIE IN BED TOGETHER. They were officially contemplating on how shitty their life had been recently. "It's him. Derek and his stupid penis."

     "They didn't even tell me they had a wife!" Jamie exclaimed, throwing her head back on the pillow in frustration. "They gave me no fucking warning that they were going to break up with me."

     "It's not that the nurse broke up with me." Her friend retorted. "It's how she did it. Like it was - like it had to be fucking done- she's not the boss of me, that's for fucking sure."

     "You're the boss of her," The blonde added on. 

     "What's worse is that I care."

     Jamie groaned and leveled her head with the trashcan that sat on the floor next to her bed. "I'm going to throw up again... no... wait." She paused before pulling her head back up. "False alarm."

     "The problem is estrogen."

     "No, the problem is vodka. I freaking love vodka, Kathryn. That's my problem." Jamie argued. 

     "You know, I am a woman in Plastics, I used to be all business and then this nurse," The attending speaks lowly of his position. "goes and tramples all over it. It's like she's a dog."

     "With her stupid vagina," Jamie sang out. "Just like Derek and his stupid penis."

     That's when Kathryn started to tear up and she readjusted herself on the bed, so she was facing her friend. "And now I'm having hormone surges. She ruined me, I'm ruined, Jamie. She turned me into this... emotional wreck person who actually cares. Estrogen."

     "Penises," The resident corrected as her little sister walked into her older sister's room. "Penises, Mer."

      "Estrogen, Little Grey." Kathryn argued. 

     Meredith looked confused but knew nonetheless that they were hungover. "Okay... what did I miss?" She motioned between the two. 

     "I dumped Derek," Was Jamie's answer.

     "I got dumped by a nurse," Was Kathryn's answer. 

     "So, you really broke up with Shepherd?" Meredith joined her sister and friend on the bed. "Are you okay?"

     The blonde simply shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I don't know. I feel empty."

     "Two hours of vomiting will do that to you." Meredith noted.