chapter fifteen.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER FIFTEEN 

( I GOTTA FEELING ) , it's the end of the world.

song suggestion: " i gotta feeling " by the black eyed peas.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     MEREDITH APPROACHED JAMIE'S ROOM ONE MORNING AND KNOCKED ON THE CLOSED, OAK DOOR. "James?" She asked, leaning her head against the wall. "Jamie Grey, are you okay in there? We're going to be late, let's go." She rapped her knuckles against the frame many times in a row. 

     "I'm not going to work!" The oldest replied, her voice slightly muffled by a pillow. 

     "You have to go to work, James." Meredith huffed a breath before opening the door and jumping next to her sister, lying on her bed. "This is how we make money, afford this nice, big house that we live in. Plus, you're an resident, saving lives isn't optional for us- especially you."

     Jamie turned around so she wasn't facing her sister and grumbled. "Yes, it is. I'm staying home."

     "Do I need to call Kathryn? Ooh, or maybe there will be a horrible accident nearby the hospital, and you'll get to cut a bunch of people open, you know like sternotomies, craniotomies. Fun surgical stuff, yay!"

     "As much as you're trying to help, Mer. I don't care about surgeries."

     The youngest scoffed in reply. "Since when do you not care about surgeries? I'm calling Kathryn."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "What's going on?" Kathryn questioned her friend who was still lying in bed, her faced shoved in a pillow. "Why did you make me get up earlier than I needed to, just to meet you here?"

     "The man I love has a wife; it's called sympathy." Jamie retorted with a roll of her eyes. "Plus, I feel like I might die today. I'm not really worried just exhausted. But keep an eye on Mer after I go, just in case I die because I'm entering a depression stage I didn't even fucking know existed."

     "Woah, wait a minute." Her friend stopped her. "You aren't going to go like... psychotic, are you? I'm just saying, James, you can't say that shit out loud and expect me to not be worried."

     "I know it's just... everything seems to be going to shit and it's like; what the actual hell is going on? How did this happen, more importantly, why did this happen?" The blonde ranted. "Not to mention that the man that I love chooses his wife over me and now she has my dog. Okay, well, she didn't take the dog, I gave it to her- that's not the point, I wanted to give it to him. But that does not change the fact that she's got- as the interns say- my McDreamy and my McDog. She's got my McLife!"

     Kathryn stopped the woman on the left side of the bed. "Okay, stop putting Mc in front of everything and maybe I'll understand better."

     "I've got nothing, Kathryn. Maybe I should stay at home and smother myself in pillows and drown out my misery."