chapter twelve.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWLEVE 

( I HATE TURKEY... AND LIFE ) , thanks for the memories.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     WHEN THANKSGIVING ROLLED AROUND, JAMIE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO BE THANKFUL FOR. Sure, she had her sister, her friends... the annoying ass interns she had to live with which made her life somewhat amusing but that was it. 

     What was she supposed to be thankful for? 

     Her mother who was slowly dying of Alzheimer's. Not to mention she was just in the hospital and just had liver cancer. Ellis' life was slowing fading away and she didn't even know it. 

     The guy who screwed her over and didn't mention the gorgeous, beautiful wife he had?

     The blonde lies in bed awake thinking about it. Jamie was usually the type of person who would always try to look at things on the bright side but this time she literally couldn't find it.  She couldn't find any reason to be thankful or to be happy. It's official, she had become a pessimist. 

     This holiday was going to be more difficult for her than she was willing to admit. And usually, she didn't even celebrate the holiday, so this wouldn't be anything new. Not to mention today for Thanksgiving dinner, a whole bunch of interns- who were invited by Izzie, not Jamie- were coming over and the resident wasn't looking forward to that. 

     So, she did what she always did. 

     Go to the hospital and bury herself in loads of papers and work. It always made her feel better.  

     Jamie woke up in the morning, rather later than she normally would and hopefully that meant she would be able to sneak past the intern who was busy cooking away in the kitchen. As she descended the stairs, she tried her best not to squeak or make it sound like anyone was awake and quickly made it over to the door. But to Jamie's luck, it didn't work. 

     "Hey," Izzie said behind her, catching the blonde in the act. "What do you think you're doing?"

     That's when the doorbell rung, and a smile grew on the resident's face. Saved by the bell. "I'm answering the door." She merely shrugged. 

     "You and Meredith are both going to the hospital?"

     "I guess-" 

     "-Jamie, I know you're a resident, but everyone is supposed to be in the kitchen by 9 am to help me make dinner. It's Thanksgiving."

     "Well, I don't usually celebrate the holiday so... you go ahead without me." Jamie smiled in return. "Besides, I'm not in the mood."

     "But it's like a family-" Izzie tried to speak but the doorbell rang again, and Jamie was finally able to excuse herself to get it.