chapter thirteen.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER THIRTEEN 

( BABIES DESERVE THE WORLD ) , owner of a lonely heart.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     TOSSING AND TURNING IN BED WAS SOMETHING JAMIE DID A LOT LATELY AND SHE COULDN'T PINPOINT WHY. That was a total lie, of course she knew what the hell was wrong with her. Why she felt like the world's dumbest person. Part of her still didn't want to admit the problem that she was facing dead in the eyes. What could she say, she's a coward. 

     Meredith lay beside her sister, asleep and oblivious to the movement happening on the other side of the bed. She had been staying with Jamie in her sister's room for a while, to help as much as she could when Jamie was sleeping. Meredith knew that her sister was far from okay- especially with the occasional night terrors she had, and the younger sibling still had no clue why. 

     Jamie didn't tell her sister why; she didn't want to worry her. 

     Thunder and rain struck the house like it normally did, Seattle was usually always in weather that didn't consist of sunshine. Jamie looked out the window, past her sleeping sister and was actually quite thankful for the rain. She didn't want to be in a bad mood in such gorgeous weather and the loud noises calmed her down. 

     And when the sun finally came up, Jamie was sound asleep, her mouth open and light snore escaping past her lips. 

     When Meredith woke up a little while later, she saw the bags under her sisters' eyes and decided not to wake her. God knows how much sleep Jamie got these days. She needed the day off. So, when Meredith left the house, she didn't care if Jamie hated her for not waking her up, she wanted to do what was right. 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Does anybody have any decent food?" Cristina complained while George and Meredith entered the intern locker room as she was leaning on her lockers, cringing at the bag of cheese curls already in her hand. 

     Joey pointed at her. "You should really eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day." He smiled brightly. 

     "God, Evans, you sound like Burke. You know, sometimes I think we'd be better off with dogs."

     "Preaching to the choir." Meredith muttered. "I'm over men for so many reasons. One of them just so happens to be to the idiot who screwed over my sister."

     "Real nice," George shook his head. 

     "Is she okay?" Mila asked Meredith. "Your sister, I mean."

     "I don't know. I let her sleep in this morning, who knows if she's going to wake up and actually come to work. She hasn't been the same since Thanksgiving."