chapter eight.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER EIGHT 

( WHO'S LIFE SUCKS THE MOST? ) , raindrops keep falling on my head.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     THE SENTENCE KEPT REPEATING IN JAMIE'S HEAD AS SHE SAT AT THE BAR ALONE. Derek was God knows where with that woman - his wife. She hated him. She felt dirty and ashamed- no, Jamie hated herself. And although she knew deep down that it wasn't her fault... she sure as hell felt like it was. Who the hell sleeps with a married man?

     "You look familiar." The bartender spoke to Jamie as he poured her another shot of vodka. "You been in here before?"

     "Once," She forced a smile before muttering under her breath, "Look how that turned out."

     "I know that look. Can only be one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell, or your boyfriend is. Which is it?"

      "Ha, both." Jamie laughed before downing a glass of liquor which burned the back of her throat. "Unfortunately... my boyfriend just so happens to be my boss, which was a problem. But not as big as a problem as the fact that my boyfriend has a goddamn wife."

     The bartender sighed at the trauma dump. "Tell you what. This one," He continued to pour her another drink. "Is on the house."

     "Gracias," Man was Jamie thankful for this bartender tonight. 

     Suddenly over the drunken blur, Jamie heard someone yell, "All hail the champ!" Very loudly which caused her to look and see some of the interns walking in from the rain and people all across the bar cheering for George. "So, my guy's Alex finally got what was coming to him?"

     "George knocked him down in one punch," Cristina smiled, Mila and Meredith by her side. "You should have seen it."

     O'Malley huffed a breath before sitting a seat away from Jamie. "I don't want to talk about it." He continued to mumble. 

     "I heard you beat up Alex," The resident smirked over at him. "Nice going, George. I didn't think you had the balls in you - especially after the whole appendectomy thing-" Before she could continue, her sister placed a hand over her mouth, shushing the drunk words coming out of her mouth. 

     George ignored the resident and quickly looked at the bartender. "Can I have a beer please?" 

     "Hey," Kathryn sat down beside her friend. "Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most, alright? I'll win, I always win."

     "You don't want to play with me." Jamie slurred through her alcohol. "Trust me - no me gusta."

     "Oh, I do, Grey, I do. I'll even go first. I just found out my mother died last week and did anyone have the decency to tell me. Nope. I get no viewing, no funeral for her - nothing." Kathryn wasn't close with her mother but that doesn't mean it still didn't hurt.