chapter forty-two.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER FORTY-TWO 

( BAD DAYS AHEAD! ) , freedom part one.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE WAS IN A GOOD MOOD THIS MORNING. She didn't know why but after her daily session with Dr. Graham, she was feeling alive and alert, something she hadn't felt in days. Usually she was feeling run-down and fatigued, wanting nothing but to curl up in bed with a good book in her lap. But today was different, Jamie could feel it in her bones. 

Sadly she was wrong - she just didn't know it yet. 

Getting paged down for a trauma in the ER, she greeted Bailey with a kiss on her cheek while patting her friend on the back, saying, "Good morning, Dr. B. I am ready to kick some surgical ass. What do we got?"

"I don't know," The shorter woman replied, tying on her trauma gown, somewhat weirded out by the happiness radiating off of her friend. "What's got you so chipper this morning?"

"Nothing," She shrugged, her shoulders teasingly before she instantly straightened up, muttering, "Sloan," reaching past him to get her trauma gown hanging up on the wall. She still hadn't forgiven him for what he had said to her about leading Derek on for sex. She wanted to but her ego got in the way - she'd give it a couple more days. 

"Oh, come on, Grey. You can't ignore me forever." He sighed in guilt. After he said what he said, he immediately regretted it. Later that day he had even apologized a good ten times, yet the girl didn't budge. 

"I said your name, didn't I?" She retorted with a huff. 

"Hey, Callie." Erica smiled as the Chief Resident walked into the room, trauma gown already on. "What's the matter with you?" She looked the woman up and down. 

"Nothing," Callie brushed it off, looking between her and Mark, a weird look on her face. She was trying her very best not to remember Mark's words from earlier. "Nothing." 

"You look all hot and bothered," The male smirked. 

"No," The girl quickly retaliated with a shake of her head. "No, it's just, there's a trauma and it's really big. That's all. It's big." 

Jamie looked confused, narrowing her eyes at the female as she said, "You're acting weird, Calliope." 

"Really big trauma," Callie said a bit louder, drawing more attention to herself than anticipated.

"Torres, it's like you've never seen a really big trauma before." Bailey snickered in response. Walking through the door of the trauma room, the resident immediately stopped and her vision was instantly filled with a boy covered in nothing but cement, tears streaming down his face.