CHAPTER 3: DREAMS

F L E U R

"Fleur! Anak! Tumakbo ka na! Iligtas mo ang sarili mo!" My mother shouted while she's defending both of us from a masked man.

"Anak! Please run away!" She shouted once again, but why can't I move. Why can't I stand up and run?

I remained there on the floor, as my mother was stabbed into death.

"A-Anak!"

"Mama!" I called for her as I finally woke up, that dream again..

"Fleur? My darling.." Grandpa opened the door and came to my bed and sat down to pull me in for a hug. "Having bad dreams again? Are you okay? Hmm?" He asked as he patted my back, I closed my eyes as the tears flowed down my cheek.

"Yes babuska.. it's about mother again." I held him tighter, my grandmother came in and asked what was happening. I no longer wanted to worry them and reassured them that I'm going to be fine.

That dream had been coming into my mind a lot more than I can imagine, I don't know the reason for its occurrence but it takes a lot of energy out of me. It drains my energy instantly, I haven't thought about opening a case for it because it seems so odd to dream about your loved one being stab to death; and it being a trauma factor in your entire life.

"Let's come downstairs for breakfast, but are you okay?" Grandfather asked, I nodded in response. I no longer wanted to worry him. He left my room and I went inside of my bathroom to tidy up before coming downstairs for breakfast. My frustration grew as the cold water hit my bare face, I wiped my face with a dry towel and looked at myself on the mirror. I tried to force a smile even if that dream that I have seen multiple times in my entire life ruined probably my entire day.

"What are you trying to say.. mother?'

I went downstairs and ordered Maria to clean my room, once I got to our dining table they were already eating. "Come join us hija.. I cooked your faavorite." My grandmother greeted me with a sing-song voice, her voice seems to keep me away from any thoughts that I'm having. Babushka was reading his favorite daily newspaper while grandmother was serving me food like she always does for me. I once told her that I can do it myself but she insisted of taking care of me. My father is no where to be seen, and I no longer asked.

We were having a peaceful morning, talking about happy memories and their plans for the upcoming events for this week. "My darling.. Fleur." Babushka called, I turned my attention to him and politely raised an eyebrow while I chew my food well. "We forgot to tell you but there will be a homecoming party for me along with our stockholders and of course the entire people that we have that help us run all of our companies and organizations." I chewed slowly and swallowed before coming with something up to say. "Well that's nice.. kailan po magstart ang party?" I asked, "Mamayang Gabi, I'm sure you can dress elegantly specially you are very important for tonight's party but if you are having some trouble on what to wear, your grandmommy Lancy can help you figure it out." He smiled widely before taking a sip of whiskey.

I nodded a few times, a party? That I wasn't told to in advance, seems so odd but maybe it's an emergency. "I think I can handle it myself grandpa, but me and grandma can go shopping the next day that will be so much fun." I squirmed in delight, shopping had always been fun. Swiping a card no matter how many times I want for a day. "For sure darling.. I will buy everything that you want." I let out a smile from ear to ear.