4| The True Valentines Day (1/3)

A/N: It's an Emz x Poco, and the content is inspired by a Hong Kong YouTube channel called Pomato. They've made a video on every first of April and it's always damn amazing.

"Emmmmmz, just do it! It's gonna be fine." Colette sighed.

"I-I don't know! I'm so scared...it's been YEARS!" Emz nervously looked away from everyone in the room.

"Yeah, years. That's why you SHOULD do!" Mortis shook his head as he put down his shovel.

"Alright, Emz. I think you really need to do it. Tomorrow is the first of April, it's a great chance for you." Edgar stated while scrolling through his phone.

"Tomorrow...? Why? It's the April Fools? Do you think I'm a fool?" Emz raised an eyebrow.

"Geez, are you stupid or something? April Fools is the best day for confession, periodt." Edgar simply stated.

"Excuse me?" Emz was still in a mix of anger and confusion.

"Hawhawhaw, hawhawhawhawgaw." Frank continued eating those gigantic candies.

"You're right, Frank." Mortis nodded in agreement after the translation from the bats. He then turned to Emz, "Frank said that Edgar wasn't wrong. Well, because on the April Fools, even if your confession is rejected, you can still say it's just a joke and be less mortified."

"Are you sure it'll work?" Emz asked quietly, "What if Poco...never talks to me again because of that terrible joke?"

"You're not the only that does that, Emz."Colette smiled sweetly. "Trust me, the April Fools is the true Valentines Day."

[The next day.]

"Thanks Emz, I had a lot of fun today." Poco smiled at Emz. It's sunset, the sky was a perfectly blend with pink, red, orange and yellow. The sun looked more stunning and the birds were chirping. "You're probably the only one that doesn't try to trick me on April Fools." He chuckled.

Oh God how his laugh can bring her butterflies...Emz hid her blush with a nervous smile. She gulped and took a deep breath. "I do trick..."

"Hm...?" Poco frowned as he felt Emz' uneasy. "It's anything wrong...? You look anxious."

"W-what if I tell you, I trick people?" Emz stuttered while looking at the ground.

"Well- it's normal..? It's overall, the first of April." The air of awkward and both of them were standing in silent. "Um...if nothing then...I'm leaving."

Wait. Wait I have something to tell you.

Emz wanted to open her mouth so bad, but she just couldn't say it as if something was stuck in her throat. It's just a confession! Why is it so hard to say it?

"Goodbye Emz! Thanks again." Poco smiled one last time before turning away.

Emz watched as he walked further and further.

Until he disappeared in the vision.

"Why...Why are you such a coward, Emz!" She scolded as herself as she stood there in silence, staring at the floor. Is it because Poco is close to everyone, not only her? Is it because she knows Poco's heart doesn't belong to anyone? Is it because they...might not be meant to be? How in the world would Poco, a superstar, choose her over any other better girls?

Tears blurred her vision, but what could she do? She's just fooling herself, the whole time.

The true Valentines Day...

Or maybe it's just April Fools.