5| The True Valentines Day (2/3)

A year passed by.

Another day.

The first of April.

One year ago...

Emz almost, almost, so close, to confession. But that step is so close, but so far away at the same time. Poco and her barely met recently.

But she knew very clearly. The feelings for him never changed.

Emz was wandering at the park again, remembering how awful that day was. God I wish I was braver...A tear escaped from her eyes. She hated herself. She hated why she couldn't just be brawler. She hated why she still cared about him so much. She hit the ground running every single night. She tried her best in designs, models, hairstyles, hair sprays, everything...but she failed one 1 thing: to confess. She's brave to talk loud. She's brave when facing unfairness. She's brave giving crazy ideas, but somehow she's too weak, to speak a few simple words.

And then she saw him.

He was sitting on a bench, swinging his legs as he turned his head to the right, watching the sunset.

The sunset...just as beautiful as last year...

Emz couldn't help but just staring at Poco. He still looked fine. He still did so well without her. He still...never changed. He still was the one that Emz secretly and undeniably fell in love with.

Before Emz could leave, Poco turned her head back.

Somehow their eyes met, after a long while of not speaking to each other. After days and weeks and months.

Emz broke their eye contact almost instantly, and turned away. She took a quick steps away, until she heard that sweet voice again.

"Wait, Emz."

She stopped.

Poco took a few quick steps to stand right in front of her. Emz didn't dare to look up, so fearful that her eyes would show all the emotions she had been hiding.

"I didn't trick anyone today." Poco said in a very calm voice, as if he was just talking to a very familiar old friend.

Does he mean anything? Am I overthinking? Yes I'm overthinking. Emz still didn't look up. It's none of his fault....I didn't clarify my feelings...

"W-why don't you trick? It's...April Fools, y'know." Emz laughed awkwardly, trying to cover her sadness that's crushing her. What's wrong with me?

"Well...or maybe I do. I do trick someone." Poco sighed.

That uneasiness filled Emz again. What does he mean? Why? How? Who? What? "I've been tricking someone too. A whole damn year." Emz faked a smile. She wiped her tears away in a quick move and looked at Poco. "Let me trick you again this year."

Poco was quite puzzled, but he still kept the eye contact with her.

Emz took a deep breath. Just do it...he won't know.

"I'm so in love with you, and I'm never brave to tell you. I'm such a coward that I let you go last year and it's totally true that today is the true Valentines Day. It seems dumb but I'm so deeply madly truly in love, with you." In one breath, she finished her speech.

No matter if it works out for not now...I did it.

Poco didn't react. He froze at the ground, just looking in Emz' eyes.

Oh no oh no oh no! Seemed like it's a fail? "And the last thing I want to say..." Emz gulped.

"HAPPY APRIL FOOLS! HAHAHAHAAA." She laughed, and laughed. Hard enough to cover the tears that's shedding. Head enough to pretend her tears were because of her amazing con. A con, to herself. A joke that lasted for a whole damn year, finally came to an end.

"I guess that's all! It's nice to see you again!" Emz grinned forcefully and turned away quickly.

I need to get her...I need to. Poco had made his decision.

He started running. Ran as fast as he could to catch up Emz.

"EMZ!"

She didn't stop. She ran faster this time. "I know it's just a joke, Poco! Stop tricking on me! Stop being nice to me! Stop making me feel like I'm your GIRLFRIEND! STOP MAKING ME TO REMIND MYSELF, I'M NO ONE! I'M NO ONE TO YOU!" Tears threatened to escape from her eyes. Who cares? Just let it float.

"I'm sorry! Emz, I'm so sorry!" Poco kept running even when he's totally out of breath to say one more word.

Home was in front of her.

Emz bursted into the door and locked it up immediately. She could feel herself breathing so hard because of lack of oxygen. She felt all her energy just vanished. She leaned against the door, and let her tears just dropped to the floor. Well she's a tear as well. She dropped to the floor and just cried. No one else would ever notice it. Behind her confident smile, no one would know she's just an insecure and fearful girl.

It's over.