19| Comfort

A/N: Btw guys, read it as a book for ideas and fun. Mostly, I hope it's more of a casual and simple book than something intensive. Alright we're back, and it's gonna be about Tara x Gene cuz why not. And this time, Tara is a normal human with a face :)

They stayed in silent.

The footsteps were clearly heard. Tara's shoes hit the ground slightly and Gene bounced up and down. The sky was a mix of purple and blue. The sand was soft. The sea reflected the color of her eyes, bright green. She couldn't help smiling under her mask. It was just a simple moment, however this was when her heart flustered the most.

The golden pot walked a few meters away from Tara and Gene. Kids were running around the seashore and giggling all the way along.

His hand, very silently, moved closer to hers.

Close enough, just one more inch and they would feel each other's touch.

Tara moved her eyes away from Gene. There's something special about him...and I can't get over the feeling? What is this strange feeling in my stomach? Without realizing, her face slowly heated, but no one would notice, 'cause well, she covered her face well.

Gene just focused his eyes on the sea as they walked, or more like a way for him to distract himself. He totally had no idea why Tara would choose to hangout with him rather than with Byron, Crow, or anyone else. He knew he was short, and fat, and just genie...but why? He didn't want to give up yet. Something, something told him to hold onto this emotion. A clumsy smile sneaked into his reddish face.

It was a beautiful afternoon. The sun wasn't shining too much, and breeze was blowing. The weather was comforting.

They walked along the seashore, leaving footprints. Both of them didn't confess, and didn't make the first move. Sometimes it would be like that. All you need is a little...

Bop.

Luck and fate.

The golden pot jumped into the sea and began floating away.

"Ahaguaguaha!" What right now? Gene panicked. Being a genie himself, he didn't have much chance to walk, not to mention swimming.

Tara froze as she watched the pot floated away further, wide eyed.

I don't wanna do this...but I don't have a choice, do I?

Sighing, she took a deep breath. Let's hope I ain't getting too bad at this...

And she jumped into the sea flawlessly, swimming right towards the golden pot.

Just one more...

She stretched her arm out, and dashed forward a little bit while still keeping the balance, not to drown in the sea.

Gotcha.

Sighing in relief, Tara took the pot in her hand carefully and slowly swam back to the seashore, getting away from the water again. She gasped slightly once she left the ocean. It's cooler than I think...She shivered in coldness. I'm really so not into this...

Her clothes were all wet, and the pot happily jumped down from her hands, hopping back to Gene.

"Aghauahauah." Gene smiled warmly at her. Thanks.

"Mhmhmhmmm." She smiled. No problem.

"Mmmmhmmm!" She closed her eyes and sneezed. As she realized what she did to a person she's kinda liking, she could immediately felt the embarrassment and Gene with his raising eyebrows.

"Mhmhmhmnmmmhmmmm..mhmhmh..." she immediately apologize for...sneezing? She didn't actually know either, but she just felt wrong.

Gene froze for a moment, and began laughing. Tara stood there in silence, confused. "Mhmhmhmh Mhm?" What's so funny?

"Aguahhhahaguha." He laughed. Chill! Everyone sneezes.

She smiled a little bit at the sight of him. His kinda cute...but then a sudden of coldness engulfed her. She shivered and stepped away from the seashore more, getting into the sunlight.

Gene raised an eyebrow as he saw Tara walking awkwardly and her hands kept rubbing her arms and her shoulders tensed up. He suddenly stopped walking, and stood there, looking at her.

?

She tilted her head as Gene sighed with a small smile and grabbed her hand in his.

Did he just...take my hand?

A rose flush on her face, and she could feel her face burning up. What's this weird feeling? Unsure, she looked down and tried to look at something else to distract herself from him.

You're cold. "Aguaguahaha." Gene stated. His tone was way more serious, though still very cheerful.

She used her free hand to wipe away some of the water mixed with sweat on her skin. She shook her hand as a disapproval to herself. You look so not professional, Tara...She snorted at herself.

They walked slower and got back in the town. It was sunset. The yellow and red and pink filled up the sky and the street lights were slowly on. The birds chirped, the butterflies fluttered their wings, the people chitchatting. And them, they just held their hands gently as they walked through the paths.

Tara, was totally not a fan of Winter. She couldn't bear much coldness and was especially, very against sea and ocean. Yes it did calm herself, but she didn't swim much. She enjoyed sitting at the beach more. She enjoyed staying dry and fresh. She enjoyed warmth.

For Gene, well now that's a totally different case. Being a genie and especially a pink one, he had an always warm body. All he needed to find in life was something to cool himself down.

And those 2 totally opposite people, just had some really weird and however good chemistry. Gene walked Tara back home. He stood at the front door as Tara silently broke off their hands, missing the warmth of him. She smiled one last time at him and watched as he left.

"Hmhmhmmm..." Her lips curled up into a smile. He's good...As she looked down, The Helping Trio was standing around her, bumping up and down with their little staggers.

She took off her cloth on her face once she locked up the door. Taking a deep breath, she revealed herself in the mirror.

Emerald eyes, rosy and glossy lips, dark brown skin and a head of purple-pink hair. She sighed and took off the golden earrings she was wearing that no one would ever notice. "I sometimes wish I didn't make such a deal...to give up my look outside and be a mythical seer...it isn't bad but um...I kinda miss sunbathing. And I miss talking to people normally without needing to write everything down." She thought out loud and walked to her cozy bedroom decorated with a bunch of royal colors. Fancy but comfortable.

"You wanna drink something? Stay hydrated." She smiled as The Healer faked fainting on the ground, pointing to her mouth. She gave her a glass of water and The Healer finished it almost immediately, and gave a thumb up.

"Alright...gotta get ready to sleep. Tomorrow is gonna be busy." She chuckled, laying down in her big bed filling with cushions and quilts. The ceiling had a million little shinning golden stars that would watch her sleep. "I'm gonna get up later...just let me rest for a bit..." with her messy hair, she took a long deep breath and gently closed her eyes.

The bed is comfortable...but he comforts me more.

Without even realizing it, she fell asleep.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
Wellllllll yep it happens :) I picture Tara like that, yes. Anyways, thanks for reading!
Love ya'll and bye!