13| One Last Time (1/2)

A/N: Don't expect anything happy. Pov: they're 17 years old.
Inspired by the love triangle from folklore, by Taylor Swift.
Songs: Cardigan, August, Betty.

"I'm sorry, Jess."

"A sorry can solve it? Do you think so?" Jessie smiled as she wiped away her tears from her red and puffy eyes.

"I-I don't know anything...it was stupid. I just couldn't bear you leaving..." Leon lowered his head. He truly fucked this up.

"I'm leaving this town for college, so what? We could've made it. We could've been together. It's a whole year before it...why? Why do you have to do this?" Jessie asked. She just couldn't understand why. "Yes the fight was bad, so you gave up? On us? An-and find her to replace me?" Her lips started trembling. Even right now, she still couldn't believe he did this.

"Listen, I'm sorry about this, and I know no matter what I do, I won't be able to make it up. So just let me apologize." Leon gulped. Why was I so stupid...WHY LEON? He looked away from her and pulled his hoodie to cover his eyes better. "It's just a summer thing, but I guess you won't forgive me, right? Still, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ever doing..this to you. You don't deserve any of it."

"Don't call her like that." Jessie sniffed. "Don't see her as just a summer thing. It's a love overall. And it's she who told me about this illicit affair."

Leon gulped down his feelings as he felt an urge to cry, to beg on his knees, to hold her hand, to tell her to stay, but he knew it's absolutely absurd. There's no way they could be together again. No way.

"So, that's it." Jessie smiled and took a few steps closer to Leon.

"One last time."

She held her arms out and pulled Leon into an embrace. A polite hug. A warm but meaningless hug. A comforting but heartbreaking hug. Leon didn't speak for a word. He could feel himself crumbling as she finally stepped away and looked at him, one last time.

"Next year, let's hope we won't see each other often in school." Jessie said. Her smile was genuinely polite.

Leon kept quiet. He should've known it. He should've walked away when she tell him to get into her car. He should've said no when she borrowed his cardigan that Jessie gifted him.

"Wait." He called out as she turned around and ready to leave.

"Yeah?" Jessie looked back to him, not showing any strong emotions to him anymore.

"I'm still- I-" I'm still in love with you... "I'm sorry." That's all he could say. "Sorry."

"It's over now. We're over now." She chuckled. "I'm sorry too, for not being smart enough. Maybe I should focus more on my robotic class."

Leon kept quiet as he bit his lips. He just couldn't do it. He knew he couldn't get her back, but it still, hurts. He knew he was the wrong that's wrong. She was the one to cry. However he wanted her to stay, and she smiled gently as she cut off it.

"Forgiven, but never forgotten."

She walked away.

One last time, Leon watched her rear view, clear footsteps on broken pebble stones, red hair waving in the air as the breeze blew, brown trousers with easy and light steps, robot dog backpack.

One last time, he watched her leave, without turning back to wave at him.

The first time, and the last time, he cheated on her.

And it's over.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
I guess I have nothing to say with it lol. Thanks for reading. I will make a part 2. But do they get bacc? Hm, up to u, I won't reveal.
I've never hated Leon so much. Damn why did I even write this?
Whatever lol, thanks for reading again, and I love ya'llllll. Bye.