15| Mess

A/N: Leon x Jessie bc I'm lack of idea but I'm in a mood to write this. Let's pretend that cheating thing never happens, or if you wanna link everything, hmm then see it as part of their relationship before they breakup :)
Inspired by: Dancing With Our Hands Tied by Taylor Swift. Iconic.

"Jessie."

Leon mumbled quietly as he and Jessie walked on the road to home. Only a few meters before they're gonna separate.

"Yeah?" Doubtfully, she stopped walking and tilted her head at him.

"I...I don't think we should be together..."

"What do you mean? You know I'm not going to give you up like this." Jessie stated clearly. She could certainly feel something's off.

"Y-You know...my world is a mess...my friends, the bullies, the teachers...you're so..good. I can't let my world ruin you...I don't wanna get you involved in this mess, just because of...me." Leon's voice trembled. It felt bad to say it, but he couldn't bear seeing her getting hurt for him.

"What are you even saying?" Jessie chuckled. "I'm not gonna leave you. If it really crawls on me, then let it be! I'll prove the teachers, we are going to be fine." She held his hands in hers and gently rubbed them.

"I-I just have a bad feeling..." he frowned and looked down. "Wha-what if-"

"Hush."

Jessie took a step closer to him, looking into his eyes. "Look at me, only me."

Leon focused on her delicate face. Her eyes shining so brightly and her face so certain. "We are gonna work out."

He stayed silent. Him being himself, was usually always with a loud voice and sneaking around, but when he's with Jessie, it's just...a totally different case. He wanted to be the best around her, despite his horrible reputation at school, despite the bullies that made fun of his height and grades, despite getting punishment almost everyday.

"Say, why?" Leon asked with his head hanging low.

"Why do you choose me?"

"I didn't choose you. You didn't choose me. We choose this road together." Jessie smiled warmly.

"But why...what makes you like me? I'm totally an ass at school, a wicked childish kid, a bomb that everybody hates...why?"

"Look, here you are, being serious and truthful. That's why I like you. You care about life. You care about me. It sounds stupid but um, I do find you cool." She laughed. "Exceptional for the time that you almost bleached my hair."

"Right, sorry about that." Leon giggled with her.

"But back to you, no we are not going to separate. If it's a mess, then we'll clean it up. If we can't clean it up, then we'll be the messiest and craziest above them. I'm not afraid." She hummed.

"Jess, thank you."

"You need a hug." Jessie chuckled and gently pulled Leon into a welcoming and warm hug. The way their body fit seamlessly, the way they laughed together, the way they both hoped it would never change.

"You must like me for me..."

"Mhm." She breathed into his scent before pulling away from him. "I shall go back home now. See ya!"

Jessie walked away, wearing a sweet smile. She turned around one last time to wave at Leon, sending him butterflies.

"Bye." He smiled slightly and waved back.

"Guess I'm a mess, but I'm a mess that you want." He chuckled to himself and walked back home.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
Basically, my favorite writing trick: self-insecurity and holding onto each other. That's it! Thanks for reading and I hope it can at least mend a bit for the fellows that loves Leon x Jessie lol.
Aight thanks for reading and have a great day guys! Bye :)