12| Raining

A/N: Colette x Edgar. And no, it is totally not related to my book Don't Get Away From Me. So feel free to read! :D

"It's raining again..." Edgar snorted. "It made me feel lazy..." He leaned to the wall and rested.

"Please, it's May! Of course it rains a lot, and personally I love it." Colette chuckled as she came out from the kitchen with 2 nice cups of tea. The scent filled Edgar's room.

"Why? It's moist everywhere, not to mention how terrible it feels like to have your socks soaked while walking in the rain." Edgar raised an eyebrow. "What make you love it?"

"Here." Colette gently handed Edgar a cup of tea, and motioned him to sit on the bed with her. She looked outside of the window and smiled, "Hush, and listen..."

Edgar tried to focus as he saw Colette looking at the window.

It was raining heavily outside. The window was full of water droplets. The wind blew and the rain was beating to the floor like a drum, loud and clear. The muffle lights added a kind of warmth at the dead-end street.

"Can you hear the rain singing? The water dancing? The sky shining?" Colette chuckled. "Raining is magical."

Edgar didn't speak. He started to feel that the raining was having...a pattern? And it wasn't too bad. Maybe even nice.

"Just chilling with the rain with books and wrapping myself up with blankets, absolute favorite time of my life." Colette smiled and leaned to her right, and their shoulder brushed.

"...Cool." Edgar mumbled as a flush of red sneaked onto his face when Colette rested her head on his shoulder. "Cole.."

"Hm?"

"I guess raining isn't that bad."

"See? I knew it!"

[Later the night.]

"God." Colette's eyes flew open as she heard a loud thunder.

She shivered and sneaked close to Edgar again, who was deeply asleep. "What must it be like to grow up that beautiful, with your hair falling into place like dominoes? Who gave you those eyes, say you could keep them?" Colette whispered softly as she looked at his sleeping figure, so perfectly fine and sound asleep.

Paaaaang.

She gasped slightly and frowned, "No I don't like it..." sighing, she sat up a bit and looked out of the window. 1 am at night, and she couldn't sleep, even beside Edgar.

The raining turned into storm, and the thunder was loud. Colette, well she does love rain, but not a big fan of thunder. "It's like a jump sca- a- see?" Colette thought to herself as another loud thunder was made.

"No no no no stop it..." Colette closed her eyes shut with her ears covering with her hands. "No please...argh..."

Not the memories flooding back...

"Cole?"

Edgar's voice was raspy and tired. He squinted his eyes wearily and looked at Colette. "You okay...?"

Colette looked down to Edgar and a blush was shown on her face. She faked a smile, "Y-yeah I'm good...I just couldn't sleep."

"Hm...come here." Edgar sat up as well and pulled Colette into a comfortable and warm hug. "Does it help?"

Yes it does...

"Mhm..." Colette breathed in his scent while melting into his hug.

"What wakes you up? I'm will fight the world." Edgar chuckled as he started rubbing the back of her head.

"Nothing." Colette lied. She didn't want him to feel annoyed, just because she woke up in the middle of the night after the loud thunder sounds.

"Just tell me. It's fine." Edgar placed a soft kiss on her head and smiled slightly, "A nightmare? Work? That Karen you saw 2 days ago?"

"No Ed, it's really-"

Paaaaang.

"-wait stop..." Colette hid her face to Edgar and gripped on his waist.

"Thunder?" Edgar chuckled softly, caressing her hair. "You are scared of thunder?"

"Nooooo...I just-"

Craaaaaack.

"-never mind. I hate it." Colette sighed and her grip on him loosened. "It's um...too much."

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay. Look at me." Edgar's lips curled up into a smile as Colette looked at him with a confused face.

"Wha....?" Colette didn't even get the time to react.

A kiss on the nose, then each side of the cheek, forehead, nose, jaw, lips, eyes, everywhere on her face. He continued as Colette began laughing as his hair tickled her.

"E-Eeeeed! Stop thaaaaaat!" Colette gasped for air from dying laughter as he began tickling her.

After a few minutes, they both giggled and just enjoyed with each other's company.

As she looked into his eyes, she could swear there's a whole Atlantic Ocean reflecting in them. The stars in his eyes shined so bright and his smile was so truthfully happy. She just woudn't get over him. There was a moment, they would just look at each other in complete silence and adoration.

The volume of the world was off. No raining, no thunder, no cars, no anything. Just her and him. Just them, in the moment.

She finally broke the eye contact. Or else she might sink into the ocean.

Chuckling, he asked, "So how is it? Does it still scare you?"

"Kinda, but it's better with you." Colette pressed her lips against Edgar's in one swift move, sending butterflies to both of their stomach.

"How much good work did I do to deserve you?" Edgar smiled sweetly as he caressed her face carefully as if it was some kind of delicate work of art.

"How much robbery did you do to get my heart so well?" Colette chuckled as she tilted her head to feel his hand. Both of them was just simply living in the moment.

"I guess raining is good."
"Thunder ain't that bad."

They said in sync and looked at each other, then both laughed out loud. After a while, Colette made a long yawn. Edgar couldn't helping chuckling as he saw how tired she was, and that clumsy smile still on her face, looking just like a kid.

"Wanna sleep?"

"Yeah."

"Come here."

Colette snuggled up to Edgar as he wrapped her arms around her. Quilt on them as they seek warmth from each other. "Goodnight, Cole." He whispered softly and sent one last kiss on her head. "G'night." She replied with a gentle smile. She leaned her head and rest at the crook of his neck, her hair tickling his face.

Raining isn't so bad after all.

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
Aaaaaaahhhhh it's super fun to write this chapter! Just really simple idea and personally, I LOVE rains. Me here, well, it's been raining all day long and I don't care that my shoes are all wet. It's just fun to walk in the rain, fight me. Listen the raindrops is just perfectly fine. Love it.
Anyways, that's it! Thanks for reading and I love ya'll as much as I love the rain <33333
Until we meet again:)