21| Eyes Full Of Stars (2/4)

A/N: Sequel of Bandit.

Boom.

"Pfffffff sorry! Haha! It's the funniest thing ever!" He suddenly laughed and threw the gun on the ground, not being afraid of her at all.

"W...what?" She raised an eyebrow as she felt more easy, looking at the gun on the floor. She carefully took a step back and looked for where the sound was made.

"Hey lad, stop looking around! That sound is the ringing of my alarm I set in my phone, to kinda, scare people, y'know." He chuckled and took out his phone, and frowned immediately, "Gosh...are they stupid or something?"

"So, you're here to...prank me?" She raised her voice a little. "I'm being serious, policeman. Leave me alone. It's so foolish."

"Wait wait wait, I don't mean anything." He put his hand in the air and took a step back. "And...I'm not exactly a policeman either."

"What?" Confused, she didn't say anything else.

"Sorry about that, not everyone likes pranks. I get it. I don't wanna be the next body to be the nutrition for the trees, bye!" He laughed and casually walked away, leaving the gun on the floor.

She watched he leave, and quietly took the gun that was on the ground. She dusted off the ashes on it and observed it carefully.

"No way..."

[2 Months later.]

Another day working here, doing work for money.

"200 pounds. I promise I'll get what you need, gentlemen." She smirked as she lingered her finger on the man while handing the drink. "Deal or not?"

"Haha, we love an ambitious woman. Deal." He laughed.

Another business.

On the other table, people were laughing at a comedian while he spoke those so called "true experiences". He stepped on the table with a large jug of bear in his hands as he talked with exaggerated expressions. "And then you know what? A crow flew into my bloody house! Goddamn it and it brought me a whole bag of coins. It seems unbelievable but trust me-"

"And then the crow threw out 3 poison staggers and you, marvelously dodged all." She stepped in and said with a calm voice with a smirk on her face. Everyone turned their head to her, and began cheering, "Continue! Lame guys or a pretty lad?" "Plot twist time!" The man on the desk lost all the attention and he snorted at her. "Ugh, it's the third time of the week! Will you leave me alone?"

She only glared at him for a second, and she continued with her way more creative adventure that she made up. "You're not gonna believe it, and I'm totally fine with that 'cause I don't either! The cactus in his house just suddenly grew and popped up eyes and mouth. The cactus started moving and jumped onto the floor. The spines just flew in the house and it was full of poison staggers and spikes all around the house."

The rich folks seemed to be interested in a female story teller. A few more rich men joined in the listeners and laughed along with everyone. "And there's him!" She pointed to one of those rich people, "He blasted into the house with shotguns in his hands. Aw man, it's totally a blast. Literally, the house was lit, on fire. The citizens began coming around to see what happens, and all they could see was a fireball."

She spent the entire night living her life there and laughing with people there. She could truly be herself there. Not a murderer, not a weak little miss lady, just like all those happy and poor folks, hustling for the good lives, everything single day.

"4 am? Woah." She drank the last shot and left the crazy bar. Walking along the street, it was filled with laughter and loud voices, exactly the mood that she wanted.

"12 shots, a real fighter."

A male voice appeared behind her. She stopped, knowing exactly who he was.

"What brings you here? It's been months." She replied, "How do you even know I'm here?"

"Well, being an ex-police officer isn't really that meaningless." He chuckled and caught up to her as she started walking again.

"What do you want? I'm just suffering with my life and-"

"Name?" He asked, didn't seem to listening to her at all. "Um, name's Colt." He took out his hand. "Haven't been shooting anyone since last year. Lost my job and well, lost in life."

She frowned, not sure if she wanted to risk it.

"Friends? I don't want any arguments. I'm just simply...making friends out of this lonely world, y'know. Life sucks, sometimes." He stated and whistled a tune.

"...Shelly."

"Pardon?"

"Name, Shelly."

She looked aside and didn't pay attention to his hand at all.

"Fancy a drink?"

"That's a very stupid question of you, officer." Shelly laughed sarcastically. "As you know, 12 shots are in my stomach. See ya, if possible." She pulled her cowboy hat lower and put her hands in her pockets form the jeans, leaving Colt standing there alone.

"Definitely possible." He mumbled as he watched her leave.

"Very interesting."

[A month later.]

"Goddamn. You beat me to this." Shelly wiped away her tears from laughter as Colt continued talking about  his journey of being the dumbest cowboy in town when he was young.

"Falling off a horse isn't the best experience ever." He chuckled and took another sip.

"So, any plans for the future?" She suddenly changed a topic. "Like...are you sure you wanna work with me? Literally anything and everything? Including all those tricks up my sleeves or the bodies in the boat?"

"Yep. I ain't a victim. I've got some experience in...teaching people." He smirked and grabbed a gun from his pocket, smoldering into the outer space. He fakes a deep voice, "It ain't for nothing."

"You're absolutely ridiculous." Shelly giggled. "I've found a great business tomorrow, and a few great torturers in town. Guess we can go on a try? Can't wait to use my favorite shotgun."

An hour passed and they left the bar together, still talking on the road. It was one of those little times, Shelly took a close look at Colt carefully. His eyes were a mystery, full of stars. His beard, eh, wasn't the best but it's okay to her.

It's okay to me...wait what am I even thinking? She shook off her thoughts.

Or you're a bandit like me, eyes full of stars as well?