26| Take Me By The Hand

A/N: Lola x Mortis. I don't officially ship them but let's take a try. Idk how will it turn out either when a Brawllywood superstar dates a grave digger aka vampire.

"Wanna dance?"

Mortis laid out his hand, waiting for her to take it. It's one of the nights of masquerade. His favorite festival of the year. No one would care if he's a vampire or any kind of mythical thing. They all were in disguise, just having fun and dancing at the hall. He wasn't a big fan of movies and dramas and all of that, but he did notice Brawllywood, with the help of his niece, Emz.

"Uhh..sorry. I ain't into old men." She laughed and turned away, walking with her hips up and her hair swaying.

"The third time...it's just a masquerade dance? Why nobody likes a black mask?" He sighed and almost wanted to give up. Oh how much girls loved him when he was young and handsome. Things turned upside down what you aren't in the golden age anymore, and more terribly, you're just gonna grow old, and immortal as a vampire.

Mortis' mask was a black and dark purple one, with red rubies on it. There were several feathers as well to make it more beautiful.

He slowly walked to the bar place and picked up a glass of red wine, his favorite kind of drink except for blood. "Ugh...it's awful. This time's masquerade is just a...disaster." Of course he had high standards of wine, being a vampire he was. Who could blame him for tasting the wine that he made himself when he's young? The fact that it's been ages, made the wine better. He's definitely not into the cheap wines.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

He listened carefully.

"Woah..." "No one won't recognize her." "She looks gorgeous."

The moment she walked in, Mortis' sight just couldn't take off from her. Her green hair was combed beautifully and she was wearing a white mask, decorating with gold, silver, red-purple and green. Her eyes were in red. Her lips, cheeks, and forehead was covered. However she still looked stunning. The fact that she could wear such a simple wine-red dress with white scarf and still, suits seamlessly into it and made it as flawless as she was, was a flex, totally.

Yet she didn't seem happy.

Even under the mask, Mortis could sense it. She's not smiling at all.

She's looking around nervously and would keep turning her head to the back. Something's wrong...Mortis could tell, but he knew she wasn't his to touch. Not even close. He walked away from the crowd and got out of the hall.

"Well...I guess it's better outside...crowds is just not my thing." He sighed and took off his mask once he arrived the large garden next to the castle-like house. Everyone inside was having fun and dancing, but he just couldn't fit in. Walking to the bench, he took a sit there and let his little bat flew out of his shirt, taking a break from the stress.

He spent the next 20 minutes, just sitting there and listened to the nature. He preferred it more.

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath of the fresh air. "So much better...I think we should-"

Someone sat down next to him.

He immediately put on his mask again and he turned his head to aside.

It was...she.

"Are you also tired of being the center of something?" She asked. Her voice was sweet like wine and the way she talked was elegant. The perfume she was wearing wasn't cheap at all.

"Uh...not really. I'm more like being tired of the crowds. It's just...not I like." Mortis replied. He still didn't dare to look at her. It felt like he'll get killed by her dazzling charm.

"Agree." She mumbled. "Being an actress, I do love being famous, but it also comes with...some big problem."

"Like?"

"Like, stalkers, crazy fans, rude people, fake rumors...if I don't do the perfect woman, the word won't like me. My world, will just fall apart." She sighed. "I guess that's my life...famous and amazing actress, but could also be really stressful and tiring. It's like...a good girl masquerade, for years."

There was silence.

"Yes it could be tiring...but I guess it's better to be beloved than being told as a...freak. Weirdo. Creepy creature." Mortis replied. It hurt him deeply with those words. Yes, words did hurt people.

"Maybe it's better." The lady said. "Maybe it's better, because no one will expect anything from you. That means you can be whoever you want. Being famous...means everyone expects something from you, and you won't wanna let them down."

That shut him up.

"Is it weird to start a conversation with a stranger like this?" She chuckled. "I guess I'm fine with that. I'm glad to have someone to talk to today. Thanks, Mr Stranger."

"Mortis." He stated. "Name's Mortis."

"I'm Lola." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Lola...it sounds familiar, but I can't quite tell where I've heard of her...Mortis wondered. It sounded like he had heard of her, but he couldn't recall the memories.

"Is it weird to ask, do you dance, Lola?" Mortis smiled slightly and finally was brave enough to tun his head to look at her. Surprisingly, she took off her mask.

She's breathtaking...

The way her eyelashes flattered as she blinked, and the dark lipsticks that suits her perfectly. Looking closer, the white scarf was glistening. Her hair was in bright greens, however she slayed with the look.

"I do dance. It's fun." She smiled kindly towards him, making him flustered. Woah..

"Um, wanna have a dance, then?" Mortis stood up and stood in front of her. One of his hand hid behind his back while the other one held close to hers. He bowed down slightly to show as a gentleman.

"Take me by the hand, and don't drop it." Lola chuckled and with grace, put her hand in his, standing up effortlessly. She put on her mask again.

He held her waist carefully with his free hand. His other hand held onto hers. She put her hand at his neck softly, and somehow that small touch made him blushed.

There wasn't music. Lola hummed a tune and they just swayed along with it. Mortis was totally mesmerized by her tune, so soft but clear.

The minutes passed sooner than they realized.

Click. Click. Click.

"Oh myyyyyyyy!"
"Shhhh."

"Oh no." Lola stopped her tune and immediately broke off their hands, leaving distance. "The people...I need to go. Sorry for the interruption. It's truly a magical dance." She smile sorrily.

"I-It's fine." Mortis was actually kind of sad by how short their meeting was, and somehow he felt so much emotion at once. He wanted to take her hand and run to somewhere they can talk and rest. But he knew he couldn't. Lola is too precious for that.

"Thanks. Let's hope we'll meet again someday, even in your wildest dreams." She chuckled devilishly and turned around, running back to the house with her dress picking up by her hands.

Before Lola truly left, she turned her head and winked at him one last time, with her tongue stick out, adding some playfulness.

He froze.

"Lola...Lola. Beautiful name..." He stood there in awe.

"I hope we'll meet again..."

I'm already enchanted to meet her again...

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
Sooooo a really simple chapter of how they've met :) The masquerade theme is very deeply harshly mostly inspired by a perfectly romantic game called The Arcana. (Asra for the wiiiiiiiiiiiin Aight Imma stop fan girling lolllll)
It's really fun to wrote about them lol. That's it! Thanks for reading another boring chapter. I love ya'll!
Have a great day and bye!