One

Greyson Walker

"I already told you, Sam," I yell at my phone across the room as I hold a cocktail dress to my body in front of the mirror, "He made it so very clear that I am no longer what he wants, which is fine by me."

The speaker on my phone sounds with her voice, "Well he is a cheating idiot, Grey."

"I will never argue with that," I pull my shirt off over my head, "Are you still coming?"

"After the day I have had, yes."

Slipping into the black cocktail dress, I laugh, "You and me both. Just promise me that you will not let me get drunk."

We both laugh, knowing the probability of her being the responsable one.

A soft ring sounds over her voice, and I grab my phone as another call comes through, "I will see you there, Sam. Gotta go."

I click to accept the incoming call, "Hello?"

"Greyson?"

"Why are you calling me?"

"Why did you answer?"

I sigh and roll my eyes, "Do you need something or are you just wasting my time?"

"Your brother called me."

My heart stopped. Henry was pissed when I told him that I had broken up with Preston. We didn't speak for days. My brother and I were always close growing up, but when I moved away... things started to fall apart. Now that he is married, with a baby on the way, he rarely has time for me.

"He did?"

"Don't worry, I explained to him that it was my fault. You should call him, Grey."

"I will when I feel like it, Preston. Is that all you needed?"

There was a loud sigh through the speaker, "I worry about you, Greyson."

"Well don't, Goodbye."

I pressed end before he had the chance to say anything else. Tonight was exactly what I needed, especially after that. I finished getting ready and grabbed my clutch on the way out of my apartment.

Sam was waiting outside of the FoxTrot with our other friend, Amelia. They both screamed when they spotted me. I smiled and joined the group hug.

"You look hot, Grey," Amelia took my hand, spinning me.

"She always looks hot," Sam rolled her eyes, fake gagging, "Makes me sick."

"Thank you," I give a slight bow, "Now can we please get some drinks?"

"You do not have to ask me twice."

After my fourth shot, I was feeling so much better.

Sam scrunched her nose, "Preston called, again?"

I nod, throwing back another shot, "He told me to call Henry."

Amelia shrugged, "Maybe he is right, Grey. You and Henry have always been so close, I know you miss him."

"Of course I miss him, but he has his own family now, and he is still pissed that I dumped Preston."

"He should have known better than to set his sister up with his business partner," Sam shook her head, "That was a dumbass decision,"

"Ex- business partner."

"Not until after you were together, which strengthens my point...does it not?"